Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can see that about Bo. But there’s still Hope and all of their children and grandchildren, Brady and his brats, Sonny and his brothers. Even Maggie’s children and grandchildren. 

And, Henderson

Please register in order to view this content

Maybe that’ll be the twist. That it wasn’t Shane, it was Drew 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, forging Angelica's letter is harder to explain, but Brady made a huge point about how much money Theresa spent on food so maybe she quickly hired some sort of shady notary or something and paid them through the hotel under the guise of extravagant food.  That seems like a real stretch, but I could see Days sloppily explaining it like that.

• Members

I agree with the prediction that the actual heir is Xander

However, it may p#$* you off when EOB has to play Theresa for the flashback about how she changed paperwork

@AbcNbc247 I don't think it was Drew because he hates the DiMeras not the Kiriakises. Also, I think that the writers would include more obvious foreshadowing, like Drew not knowing Theresa's nickname, or giving bad advice.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah… this crap with Alex will never make sense, no matter how they try to spin it. But I thought Wally did really well today, except for when he was crying. That could use a little work

Paul Telfer did really well today too. If it were me, I’d have him sue for custody of the baby. Btw, I love how Rex and Sarah’s wedding took place right in the middle of the pub while random people were eating their chowder

And judging by the way today ended, I suspect that 

• Members

I was just furious today. I really feel like this is a kind of character assassination of Victor. There is just no way he would have gone along with pretending Alex wasn't his son for fear of poor Justin being devastated. I mean Justin was not some sensitive shrinking violet. Why would he have been devastated?! Maybe a bit pissed off that Vic & Angelica had done the deed when they would have had to, but, not a big deal. I just think Ron is nuts this time. I do not see people buying this even though yes there have been awful retcons before. And even if it turns out it's not Alex but is Xander, still, who in their right minds thinks Victor would have gone alone with it?!

Spoiler

Chloe & Phillip, last day 10-9, then they leave together [together ???] 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
oops, left out

• Members

The thing about Justin/Alex/Anjelica is that initially the whole Angelica's being pregnant by Justin was a huge problem for him and Adrienne.  It continued to be a contentious issue for years.  Victor being the father would have been helpful for lack of a better word.  It would have saved Justin a lot of problems in the beginning.  I feel bad calling a baby a problem, but it's not like Justin was over the moon happy about the circumstances.  I also have a hard time believing Victor would step aside all these years and just put it in his will letting his family deal with the fallout without him.  That's just not Victor at all.

• Members

Yes, and at the time Victor was a villian.  He and Justin were close, but he wasn't above screwing things up for him if it was under the guise of being for Justin's own good.  This is a situation that Victor would have obviously stepped in for a male heir and to save Justin from Angelica.  It makes absolutely no sense anyway you think about it.  Justin would have been mad for maybe 2 days about Victor/Angelica hooking up lol.  Instead, let's just have him raise Alex for a lifetime and drop the bomb later.  That's much better.

The only way this could have possibly worked is if Victor didn't know Alex was his son or found out recently.  If Alex/Justin/Maggie/whoever accidently stumbled upon it I would buy it more.  I just can't imagine Victor would leave it in his will and honestly leave everyone else besides Maggie nothing.  Alex finding out later and fighting for his inheritance, place at Titan, etc would be a bit more interesting than him being handed everything in a day.

• Members

Oh, he put Justin and Adrienne through hell

And also in that time period, he had just given up Bo, and also found that Andrew was Shane’s. There’s no way he would have given up another child, Justin or no Justin. 

And there’s also the little fact that everyone, except Victor, thought that Neil was the father

• Members

I think in the preview I saw Justin was a lot more upset.  I am assuming when he talks with Bonnie he lets his emotions out more?  I could see Justin keeping his feelings calm and in check in front of Alex and losing it more privately.  I am clearly not trying to defend any of this nonsense, but I don't think we have seen the entire fallout yet.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Unless he thought Alex being Justin's would keep Adrienne and Justin apart forever and that was the ultimate plan lol

I left Neil out of this entirely, but didn't Victor offer to marry Angelica at some point?  

• Members

Yeah. Donna posted the clip a few days ago. 

He was worried that Justin and Adrienne weren’t going to be able to have a child, so he offered to marry Angelica and raise Alex as his own so that he’d have an heir. But she married Neil. I think Neil even knew he wasn’t the father and just offered to help Angelica out. 

Even then, Victor still wanted Alex to be his son. He tried to lure Neil back into gambling again. 

I gotta go read some more on Jason47 sometime