Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

My grandmother died in her sleep and it was just as shocking as if she had died on a plane.

I still remember the shock finding her and receiving the phone call of her passing and all the confusion and pain.

I thought Days should've gone passing in his sleep version.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's very valid.  I don't exactly disagree with you either.  I just can understand why the show did it the way that they did.  We don't actually know if they don't find a body (I haven't read spoilers, so I could be wrong).  There could be closure.   At this point I would say I am neutral on it until I see the entire thing play out.

• Members

I might be jumping too soon with my complaint, I know. I was going to wait to see how it played out before commenting, but that last minute when they mentioned the lost plane just hit me all ways of wrong.

I hope they don't screw this up.

Maybe, but I honestly don't think this role is one that can be recast.

• Members

To me, the missing body seems like an obvious ploy to set up a Friday cliffhanger and extend the story.  If anything, in soap terms, it seems more respectful to tell Victor's passing over the course of a few episodes, especially given that the actor was unavailable.  This allows for multiple flashbacks and melodrama from both Maggie and Justin.

I am pleased that it will really be Maggie's story, given her anniversary with the show.  I was reading her wiki and trying to do the math.  I wonder if her current 12-year relationship with Victor was actually longer than any of her marriages to Micky? Given their separations within Melaswen and all the other issues that tore them apart over the years (edit - Micky & Maggie were officially married 9 years, the first time, and 14 years the second time, but the second time was filled with out of town separations).

The downside is that I assume the memorial will be in their living room, just like every wedding and other significant event.  But, perhaps Bo's coma is useful in not having to explain why they won't attend.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thanks, bad math on my part.

But, with John Clarke not appearing after 2004, and the time in the early 1990s that Maggie spent in New York, it seems shorter

It's hard to believe Melaswen was almost 20 years ago.  I still recall when they replayed Maggie's "murder" at the Cinerama Dome, as noted in the article they spent $100,000.00 to show it in the theater.  But, even then, the press was always about how they were on the verge of cancelation. 

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-nov-03-et-keck3-story.html

And who would've thunk, two decades later, Maggie and Bonnie would share a house and a secret?

Finally, does Titan only own one jet, or did Maggie fly commercial to see Sarah?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think they just saw a plane crash as a more "powerful" ending for Victor, the same way they didn't have Stefano just pass away in his sleep. (Yes, they completely fumbled the ball with Joe Mascolo's final appearance, and the Hope/Rafe/Andre part of his final "death" was a mess, but having one of our heroes shoot him to death was a decent idea.) I don't for a second think they are even considering recasting.