Will & Grace: 4/6/06 episode

JERSoapsFan

• Members

I can't believe Will on tonight's episode.

So he was visiting his parents and all of a sudden, got in a stink about them giving Grace his baby blanket. Now, I can understand why Will was hurt that they didn't give it to him, just assuming that, because he's gay, he can't have children. But it is RIDICULOUS, I think, for him to jump to a whole other conclusion that his father didn't truly love him just because he IS gay.

He's nice to Will, he's announced his "gay son's" presence numerous times to people on the show and he doesn't even mind his Gay-isms. That's why I think it was completely LUDICROUS and utterly APPALLING that this jerk had to play the "Would you rather prefer I weren't gay?" card. OF COURSE he's going to say yes. And I'm sorry, but I think most parents would say "yes," exactly for the reasons Will's dad mentioned (that his life would be easier, that he would be happier, etc). But even so, that doesn't translate to "You haven't ever accepted me, have you?" as Selfish Will kept saying, over and over again.

I mean, what a JERK!

Of course, after watching TV for so many years, I knew what would come next.

Will doesn't speak to his dad for several days until the phone call from his number shows on the Caller ID. And bada bing, bada boom, it's actually Will's mom saying she's at the hospital, her husband had a heart attack and died.

So I sort of liked the drama of it all, but now look at it. Will was made into a COMPLETE JERK just to have that dramatic moment?! I just can't fathom how that's a good enough tradeoff--especially since he came off looking like a complete prick since his father DID accept him in almost every sense of the word, but just had a secret problem with his lifestyle.

GROW UP, WILL.

You're a JERK.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was a bit disappointed with this week's show too... but his father dying was way too predictable. Though I love Will and Grace, I haven't been that into it since Grace first met Leo, and decided not to have Will's kid. That killed it for me (along with Grace actually marrying Leo), because I was really looking forward to it. I'm half expecting for Leo and Grace to get back together because of the baby (despite the fact that he's engaged), and for something big to happen between Will and Jack.

• Members

OH, I'm completely expecting a Will and Jack [!@#$%^&*]-fest and for them to admit their feelings for each other. Grace is the wildcard though.

I guess the thing that pisses me off more than anything about the show is that they ruin it for a HUGE portion of the country with all the anti-Republican, anti-Bush [!@#$%^&*]. And no, not all gays are Democrats so you can't try that argument. They don't do polls on political views so it's just a dumb move. My God, that Britney Spears episode was good, for the most part, until the CONSTANT Republican bashing. Worse than offending a potentially considerable portion of the audience is the fact that it's bad writing. The writers were CLEARLY just using the entire last season to push political agenda. Too many episodes have held out-of-place shock-friendly comments from Grace, Will and Jack on the issue.

Archived