General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Kristina is supposed to be a smart cookie, she was smart in HS and went to an Ivy League before dropping out. 

Can they fast forward her through uni, and say she has been taking night classes, and is now a med student? I think she would mix it up well with the hospital crowd. Maybe she can be a psych intern under Kevin?

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess this might be unpopular, but I don't want or envision Kristina as a Dr. at all.   I could see her opening a non-profit or charity organization or doing something similar to the Ward House, but maybe for LBGTQ+ youth.  There has never been any indication Kristina has ever been interested in the medical field.  Even as a teen she seemed more interested in the law.  If we are going to give Kristina an insta career I would prefer she took over Diane's job as Sonny's lawyer which would pit her against Molly as the DA and get Kristina into Sonny's business.

• Members

I don't see her as a doctor either. I don't think it's necessary. It's not even like it's part of her familial legacy and she's never shown an interest in 10 years as an adult. It would feel real hammered in. 

I also don't like that they have Josslyn wanting to study medicine. She doesn't the intellect if I'm being perfectly honest. Maybe she can be a professional candy striper (do hospitals still do that?).

• Members

I will give the show credit for Joss’ makeover. She doesn’t look like a teen anymore. It’s like she became an adult overnight. 

Scotty and Cody have a lot of potential as comedic partners. Scotty is best when he has a little humour in his storyline v. pure scheming. I like that Cody is playing for laughs. 

Lucy is finally back, and no one has mentioned how happy to have her alive again. No emotional reunions. What a wasted opportunity.

Gladys is Rhonda Wexler 2.0. Agreed?

I don’t need Morgan Fairchild in Port Charles.

• Members

I think Rhonda was a screw up and not a great mom, but I never felt she was malicious, and I do think she loved and tried with Karen.  Gladys is just an awful person with no redeeming qualities.  Even D character Rhonda had more depth than Gladys.  

• Members

Definitely.  I don't think the actress that plays Gladys is bad either, but Rhonda had multiple relatable issues that made her the way she was.  I knew she loved Karen though.  Does Gladys even like Sasha?  I know she has a gambling addiction, but I don't get the sense Gladys is trying to be better or doing anything other than praying on a vulnerable woman because she's rich.  I know I am giving too much thought into a story I don't care about, but I at least felt bad for Rhonda.  I don't care at all about Gladys.

• Members

I completely forgot Scotty was supposed to hate Cody for claiming to be Dominique’s son. Has this all been confirmed, is Cody actually a Staub/ Scorpio or is there still some ambiguity?

I thought Serena gave away her fortune. Is there anything left for them to fight over? Carly is not coming back, we deserve a strong Serena on canvas. I know everyone has been clamouring for a Marci Miller Lulu, but I think she would be a good fit for Serena. 

Cody is sex on a stick. Give him a romance worth fighting for. Maybe he can cozy up to Brad after finding himself underwater on some debt to Selina? Or, he can work as a stable hand at the Q’s and strike-up a friendship turned romance with Brooklyn?

I love that they dress Felicia likes she shops at Kohls/Chico’s. That is exactly how she should look! She is part super spy/ part suburbanite whose kitchen has all those wood block signs with kitschy sayings like, “rose all day.”