What Are You Listening To?

WTGH

• Members

I rented the Direct to DVD Horror Movie "Boo" which starred Dee Wallace Stone and Rachel Melvin (Chelsea, DAYS) and I was pleasantly surprised.

1. It was original and visually great for a B-Movie

2. Dee Wallace Stone looks amazing and The cast (except one actor) could actually act!

3. Melvin was awesome and played a very important role in the movie.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched that on the Sci-Fi Channel a few months ago. Except for Dee and Rachel, everyone else sucked and the movie blew chunks, despite some really cool gore and a creepy setting.

I'm tempted to check out Death Tunnel, about the Waverly Sanitarium that's supposed to be haunted. The Sci-Fi Channel did a really neat documentary about it, but I heard the actual movie isn't that great.

• Members

The last movie I (finally) saw was "Home Fries."

Someone please, help me out here.

For at least the first 45 minutes of the movie, I thought it took place in the 1950s or '60s. Nothing indicated otherwise. All the cars were old, the Burger-Matic looked ANCIENT compared to fast food restaurants today and no one were clothes that were particularly modern. Drew Barrymore's hair was also dated.

Was this a deliberate trick on the filmmakers' part or was I missing something? The first time I noticed it was more contemporary was about an hour in, when a man pulled into the Burger-Matic with "Macarena" playing on his truck stereo.

I was SHOCKED BEYOND BELIEF.

Seriously.

And of course, intrigued from that moment on.

Great film!

• Members

^ I bought it after watching the docu on Sci-Fi. I was all gung ho about seeing it and was very very dissapointed to say the least. All the actors must have graduated from The Charity Rahmer School of Acting and the special effects make DAYS f/x look like A Lord of The Rings movie.

• Members

Inside Man: The pacing is very good and keep you interested. Not much of an explanation given at the end though... <_<

Final Destination 3: Better than the second and was good mindless fun.

The DVD has an awesome extra where you can view the movie and "choose what happens". Some decisions can save a person or change around the death scenes.

• Members

I watched Inside Man and Sweet Home Alabama. Very different sorts of movies.

Inside Man starred Denzel Washington, whom I love. His character was a NYC detective and very well performed. Great character and one I learned to love. The story had a twist which is very fun and enjoyable. The story is slow to start the viewers involvement, but really pulls you along as it goes on. I loved it.

Sweet Home Alabama starred Reese Witherspoon whom I also love.

It was a fun, sweet and very playful story....enjoyable from start to finish.