NETFLIX: "Harry and Meghan"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In episode six, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex worked side by side in their sunny home office in Montecito, California, when Meghan said, "Beyoncé just texted" as Prince Harry, 38, theatrically gasped.

"Just checking in," Meghan said with a smile of the message. "I still can't believe she knows who I am!"

"Go and call her," Harry suggested. "No, it's okay," his wife replied. "She said she wants me to feel safe and protected. She admires and respects my bravery and vulnerability and thinks I was selected to break generational curses that need to be healed."

"That's well said," Prince Harry replied, as the camera panned away.

• Members

I have a lot of thoughts about the second half of this series but first I just have to see how amazed I am to see Abigail Spencer in the middle of all this. It's just another example of a soap actor breaking out and that always makes me smile. Especially actors from AMC. I'll always miss Pine Valley.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Okay, so I watched the documentary in its entirety. I have to admit that I'm horrible with pop culture. I used to be back in the day like when Britney shaved her head and Paris Hiton was cool (and she still is), but I never paid attention to the royal family. Regarding the documentary, I was pissed at the actions of Meghan's father more than anything else. What a scabies skeeze. I couldn't imagine the level of her emotional pain Meghan must have after what her father did.

I was looking forward to Kate being a mean girl, but perhaps it was done behind Meghan's back? To me, the documentary portrays Prince William in a different light. Again, I don't know much about them, but I do appreciate how Harry and Meghan have been honored for their role in activism for racial injustice and mental health. 

Meghan was such a cutie patootie in her middle high school years, lol! And now, she's simply astonishing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Or maybe Harry was truthful to begin with, as you all blame Meghan for the separation of the boys, is that the conflict was there long before she showed up. I am reading his book. Yeah some silly stuff in it but it is clear he suffered and was reacting for years, as was his brother due to the death of their mother. What is also clear is that Charles is messed up also. All from dysfunction in that family. A family that still shields a pedophile but can't stand behind a child(well 2 children) who was acting out for years because he never properly dealt with his mother's death is nothing to admire. But hey I am sure it's still all "gangsta" Meghan Markle's fault.

But maybe it's good people are seeing yet another institution in chaos.  Diana was right about all of it. Nothing makes me happier than seeing one commonwealth country after another turning against the UK, although I am conflicted because I have a lot of respect for the late Queen and she made a lot of her lifes work fostering their role in the commonwealth.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Well said Jane Austen! 

I firmly believe Kate had a firm hand in the split between the brothers too. some wanna blame Meghan, but a lot of the tension started when William and Kate got together. She's a total mean girl and I stand firm by that. 

Edited by dragonflies

• Members

I think we should stop blaming the women. No matter what people feel about Kate or Meghan, it's not about them.  It's about TRF and their dysfunction. And when we allow the British press to get away with it we enable them. People forget Kate got her share of attacks before Meghan appeared.  I think Harry has been a convenient foil for the British press and TRF for a long time.  But the dysfunction has been there for years heck centuries. It's a shame Diana's death did not shake them out of it, but here we are.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Funny, I made no mention of Meghan in my post. You know, the post which you quoted. And I didn't place blame anywhere either. What I did was simply state that Harry's recollection of the incident/fight with William is Harry's truth, which is not the same as the truth. William's recollection of said incident/fight is equally valid, even if it differs from Harry's.

• Members

For someone who claims to care about mental health and privacy, he doesn't seem too concerned about those issues except when it comes to himself.

He wrote the book and made the TV series for the $$$ as he wants the lifestyle he feels entitled to.

His wife, a minor actress, now wants to fashion herself as some sort of humanitarian, again while living the 1% lifestyle.