DAYS: Promo + Spoilers (Week of 10/17/2022)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nicole & Chloe discussed this today.I'm glad that Nicole has Chloe to talk to but I'm not sure she's listening to what Chloe says. Nicole is so far out of bounds when it comes to Eric. I'm not sure how much more Rafe can take. Or should! And, I don't really get Eric's position on this. Why is he not pushing Nicole away?! Meanwhile Chloe's world is about to blow up & she will be the one needing the friend to listen!

• Errol changed the title to DAYS: Promo + Spoilers (Week of 10/17/2022)
  • Members

Listings for "W Network" in Canada (These would be same as Peacock in US)

(Mon) Oct 17, 2022 - Marlena learns they may have a cure for her illness; Brady tries to stop John from making a big mistake; Chloe tries to persuade Kristen to call a truce; Rafe and Nicole have a fight about Eric.

(Tue) Oct 18, 2022 - Kayla's situation becomes dire; Chad visits Kate, who's fading fast; Kristen forces Brady's hand; Kristen pays Marlena a visit at the hospital.

(Wed) Oct 19, 2022 - Tripp decks Johnny! Stefan presents Gabi with divorce papers; Jack offers to help Gwen; Xander and Sarah make a surprising move.

(Thu) Oct 20, 2022 - Ava tries to enlist Gwen in a revenge plot against EJ; EJ catches Johnny snooping around his office; Joey and Tripp compete for Wendy's attention; Li interrupts a fraught moment between Gabi and Stefan.

(Fri) Oct 21, 2022 - Stefan wonders if Kristen had anything to do with his change of heart; Brady is tormented about his breakup with Chloe; Gabi gets key information from Rafe; Eric receives stunning news about his job.

SOD tidbits for week of 10/17
Chloe makes a surprising admission to Kristen.
Chad opens up to Kate.
Tripp and Johnny exchange words over Ava.
Tripp confronts EJ.
Wendy reaches out to Gabi.

• Members

The last good fight I saw was SO GOOD that I could hardly believe it, a Master Class in Stage Combat, on GH Esme versus Ava where both actresses & both doubles outdid themselves. I don't know what Tripp's motivation will be but I would love to see a well choreographed brawl! I wonder if Johnny's attraction to Ava strikes Tripp wrong for his mom?

• Members

As we already saw:
Brady agreed to break up with Chloe so that Kristen would give the orchid formula to save Marlena. Kristen stipulated that he and Rachel live with her as a family over several months or longer, until all the doses and boosters of the drug have been administered.  Brady agreed to all of this. 

The spoiler is that Brady doesn't tell Chloe that he made this agreement with Kristen.  Chloe tries to reach out and make nice with Kristen. When Marlena starts to recover, Brady spontaneously kisses Chloe -- but Kristen sees them.  So then Brady breaks up with Chloe suddenly and completely with no explanation, and Chloe is devastated.  Brady is convincing, so Chloe now truly believes she is alone.

The other spoiler is that the formula works on Marlena, but when Rex then gives it to Kayla, it doesn't seem to work on Kayla and she flatlines. (Perhaps that's the scene in the promo where Kayla's spirit starts to go to the other side.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Hahahaha! This is so stupid. I love it. Well, I don't really love it, but this all reads as dumb. Just dumb. Thank you for the additional spoilers! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

I guess they're doing a metaphor for COVID.   Marlena, Kayla, and Kate all have the same toxin illness; but they don't have the exact same symptoms. (Kate's symptoms were mostly sneezing, but she is still very weak.) Marlena and Kayla are hospitalized, but Kate is resting in her home above the Brady pub. There's the search for an antidote and when it's finally developed, there is the need for additional doses and boosters (obvious metaphor for the covid vaccine).  The treatments work differently on different patients, which could be a metaphor for antibody treatments. Or just a general metaphor for how different COVID patients recover at different rates, or don't recover at all.

The basic difference is that Orpheus intentionally drugged three people; but COVID is unintentionally spread by contagion.  But otherwise the storyline is very similar.

If, months from now, one of the ladies (or all three) have aftereffects of fatigue, brain fog, etc - it would be a metaphor for Long Covid.

Edited by janea4old