DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That’s like his only style: obnoxious, villainous and just an a****le, not the romantic lead that they want him to be.

You’ll never see him in a Hallmark movie

Please register in order to view this content

Seems like another bias of his: if you’re gay, you have to be like Leo and if you’re not, you’re boring, you’re a bad guy, etc. I don’t like that either.

Look at the way Sonny gets written in scenes with Alex  

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I think it's an issue that goes beyond Carlivati to be honest - I remember commenting on this when Sammy Jo was made a gay man on nuDynasty and how they would just make him the nice gay guy... and they did. And after a few Cristals brought in another nefarious gay nephew to play the "bad" Sammy Jo role.

I guess my point is that a show that targets women tends to make gay characters that take off with the female audience and make them rather harmless and sexless; so in comes the other extreme, who they have to make sure isn't liked - or is a mere visitor - or else the same fate will befall them. Sonny and Will has long since fallen into the category of "nice gay bestie" so left is Leo as the outsider.

• Members

Okay. I can see that. So, lessee, somewhere I mused that this is Allie's first adult mistake. Good god, it may be Chanel's first adult mistake, too! I just want them to play this out in real time, dramatic beat for dramatic beat. I'm afraid of being cheated out of any pay-off. And, of course, Chanel has a crisis of some proportion to take up all the oxygen in the room.

Now that is terrifying. There are real people having to play scenes with this guy!

• Members

I see what you mean. 

But Will and Sonny always drove storyline under other writers. Even under Ron for a little while.  And they do still have a healthy sex life.

The current writing always makes it seem like Leo is in the right. Especially in Beyond Salem Season 1. Will and Sonny hate him so much, yet by the end of the week they were practically thanking him for getting him out the "rut" they were supposed to be in. Personally, I don't believe that having nice, quiet nights home with your spouse qualifies as a rut. It just seems like such a backwards way of thinking, for me anyway. The original QAF gave off that vibe sometimes, and I didn't really like it there either.

Well, in that case, he's very lucky that he's hot 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247