• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood 

GH: Genie Francis

DAYS: Suzanne Rogers

Y&R: if we’re talking contract cast, Courtney Hope. But I’d say Eileen Davidson, easily. Edit: I forgot Beth Maitland, who is Eileen’s near equal. An edge to ED for her range, but Beth has a lived-in quality that makes a Mary Sue like Traci feel real and not a do-gooder caricature.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Another great question ... such a reflective period of time... Could have done men & women in the same thread. Just thinking out loud. I know you asked for one. Sorry.

DOOL - As a rule I think DOOL always has excellent actors. However, it's sometimes hard to tell that from ... yes, you guessed it, the Writing. Those I'd pull out of line & feature: Cady McClain, Suzanne Rogers, Mary Beth Evans, Deidre Hall, Lindsey Uh who plays Allie

GH - Genie Francis, Maura West, Finola Hughes,

B&B - I don't currently watch the show but I have in the past. KKL, Whoever McInnes Wood who plays Steffy & I'd say Susan Flannery who just hasn't been on in a while. (That's true as to talent but good for a laugh.)

Y&R - the actress who plays Tessa, Eileen Davidson, ... and, of course, I don't watch Y&R except just to check in on rare occasions.

I would respectfully submit that Maura is regularly her own competition! For example, Maura vs. Esme, the Fight, beats out all other Mauras this year!

• Members

I think Maura is an incredible talent and one of the best actresses soaps has ever seen, but like other prodigious talents like Gina Tognoni (whom I adore) and even Justin Deas, she can often veer into the grotesque for me. Sometimes I feel like she forces things to enliven mediocre writing. Genie has matured into such an unflappable, consistent talent who always delivers exactly what a scene needs, subtly elevating the material, which is why I give her the edge.