Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah. The recorded one where they discuss Beyond Salem. And the live one later today discussing the main show. You can still leave a comment and live chat with other people watching on the recorded video. 

As for the July 20th one, the link to the podcast is on their Twitter page. 

• Members

I finally watched both Beyond Salem Chapters last night.  I think the concept (stories with other characters than the Salem Home cast) is good, but RC could F*ck up a wet dream, so a lot of the good ideas get sloughed off into silly scenes.  

No one needed to see Burton try showing emotion, though-- he looked like he might short circuit.  I have to re-watch the last hour and a half or so. I dozed off--but it was at 5:30 a.m.

Reckell needs to take over Jeff Webber on GH.  I think he and Herbst could play well in a healing arc for Elizabeth.  Miranda Wilson as her cold mother could work as well.   But that's Beyond #firefrank, so....

I haven't watched DAYS since RC took over, I keep up on the characters and cast through recaps.  This was not the best or worst show I've binged in a while, but I will finish it up tomorrow.

• Members

I've toyed around with most of the anti-virus software's out there, and although you never specified which one, it sounds to me the one you could be using is Malwarebytes. If so, there's a way to worm yourself around the hassle. But yeah, I've used a lot of them. I've never had that issue issuing Intego, Avast, or Bitdefender. Moreover, I'm not sure about browser preferences, but I prefer using Brave browser as my experiences are completely different when using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. But, c'est la vie. 

I cannot believe I haven't watch the last episode of Beyond Salem. Well, episode and a half. I've been trying to get caught up on B&B. I stopped watching the fourth Beyond Salem episode during the Harris, Ciara, and Ben scenes. It was hard describing as to why I was being such a stinker watching it altogether, and I think I said something to the extent of "there was no movement". Now that I've had more time to evaluate or grasp my initial thoughts several days ago, I think what I was trying to express was that there wasn't a natural flow to it. In other words, nothing felt organic. But then again, what is organic these days on soaps? Everyone falls in love in two episodes, or one will pop the marriage question and then they both decide to marry each other three days later. WTF ever. Going back to Beyond Salem, Steve Burton didn't seem like he knew where he needed to stand or position himself on set - maybe because the set is about as big as a hen house, but who am I to judge people? Take some brown eggs given what you're given.

Edited by Noel

• Members

If Kristian and Peter are game, I'd just launch a proper Bo and Hope spin-off. It would solve the problem of Peter living in Alaska since he'd only have to come down for filming and it would be a smaller time commitment. It would be a good way to keep these character alive and their story ongoing without having to do the constant comings and going on the main show. They could easily cast a strong spin-off with Bo, Hope, Ciara, Ben and even Harris.

• Members

They took the article down before I could read it. I tried looking in googlecache and found it.  They basically quote a couple of tidbits from Ron's July 15 interview on Digest podcast.
The rest of it is soaps.com speculations.

Ron on Digest podcast:
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ron-carlivati-guests-on-digests-podcast/

Edited by janea4old