What would your major B&B twist be?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No real substantial hints aside Krista Allen praising the twist in a tweet when she got the script and an interview with a line producer(?) who talked about how big it is and mentioned some people wouldn’t like it.   That’s all we have so far. 

• Members

Thanks! I've been seeing buzz about it on boards and Twitter but couldn't find anything substantial. 

Ha! "Stephanie returns, played by a man, since Susan Flannery didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about appearing feminine for the last decade of her run" or some sh*t. 

I do wonder if it involves Phoebe...

• Members

Idea: We find out B&B isn't real, but a daytime soap opera that has been on the air since 1987; and then we watch as the show itself transitions into being a show about the BTS doings at a long-running daytime soap.

• Members

I still think it’s Steffy-related and has something to do with Sheila keeping her role in Brooke’s ordeal quiet. Maybe she (alongside Thomas?) gets kidnapped and thrown in some secluded hideaway with some unexpected company (whether they be Ronn Moss’s Ridge or Phoebe or someone else). And that will account for JMW’s maternity leave, and her big return will be her and the unexpected company showing up alive in L.A.

Also: potentially sets up a Finn/Hope/Liam triangle.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Which would tie in with the speculation about Phoebe (potentially in a double role for JMW).
But I am still stuck on the "first for daytime" tease. 
A lot of stories we have mentioned would be big twists and I'd totally buy it (and some are fun!)... if it wasn't for that particular description which doesn't apply to any of our ideas so far.

That said, I am 100% agreing that it has to be Steffy related. JMW is just about to go on maternity leave, KA is the first one who mentioned the twist, etc.
It just makes sense that it is around Steffy

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I wonder if they’re overselling it for hype, but we’ll see. I’ve seen Nelson Branco and Alan Sarapa both tweet that they’ve learned some soap bombshell about which they’ve had to swear to secrecy (or else). I was curious if it was about the person texting Jack on Y&R or the B&B twist.

• Members

Well there is some wording ("change the show forever") that can be easily dismissed as hype.

"Never done in daytime" is too specific for them to be able to walk it back so I don't think they would go there, especially since that specific wording isn't necessary to make it seem big, if it wasn't literally true.
And even if it is a "first in daytime" in a narrow technical sense because of some details that differs, it still wouldn't apply to most of the ideas on this thread - and I said that as someone who is impressed by most of them.
Who knows obviously but I tend to think they are actually throwing a Hail Mary here and we have to take it at face value... for now.