What would your major B&B twist be?

• Members

We've all been hearing about this upcoming major twist on B&B, but if you had the opportunity to write it...what would it be?

Thankfully, this show isn't as dreadful as Y&R. However, it needs a good shot in the arm. How would you change it up?

These aren't "never before done in daytime" changes, but I'd end a Friday with these scenes:

1. Zende shows up at Carter's looking for Paris. He raps on the door but no answer. He realizes the door isn't locked so he sticks his head inside asking if anyone is there. He spots Paris's shoes and handbag on the floor realizing she's there. He lets himself in and looks around. He hears her giggling upstairs so he goes up after her to find her in bed with Carter. (They later have it out. Zende leaves town. Paris realizes a few days after that she really loves Zende and leaves town to go after him. The two are never seen again.)

2. Hope shows up at Brooke's and can't find her. She hears Brooke upstairs. She goes upstairs to find her mom and walks in on her in bed with Jack. (we later see fallout from Steffy realizing that Brooke has moved on from her  father just to put her claws into Finn's father. Sheila finds out and is livid. Deacon finds out and is livid. Ridge finds out and says whatever, she's Jack's problem.)

3. Katie and Donna are shopping on Rodeo Drive with multiple bags hanging from their shoulders/arms. Suddenly, a band of thieves dressed in all black with ski masks run out of a store after robbing them and run right into Katie and Donna. The group surrounds the two and demand they turn over their bags, money, and jewelry. Donna gives in but Katie argues with them. One pulls a gun at Katie's side and tries to rip the bags off her shoulders. While a struggle ensues the gun goes off. Everyone panics and runs away. Then you see Katie on the sidewalk with a bullet wound and blood on the sidewalk. (Katie recovers but then becomes jaded in life. She's always had bad luck: health, men, being ignored. She turns into a vindictive, but snarky and fun 

Please register in order to view this content

, person.)

Like I said, not game-changing events by any means, but would get us away from the constant repetition there is now. 

Share what you would do...(and don't say cancel the show!) 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually, I'd write two twists:

1) Stephanie reveals (via letter) that Sheila is her long-lost daughter.

2) Out of guilt for not raising her, she further reveals that she has left her shares of FC to her; making Sheila, in effect, the Forresters' new boss.

• Members

1 - Sheila fakes Brooke's suicide and leaves a fake note. Everyone mourns Brooke, while her body is not found. They presume she may have taken pills with alcohol and drowned. All this is while she is kept captive by Sheila... While Ridge and Taylor start their family... and everything goes so well... Brooke manages to escape and destroys their wedding AGAIN. Ridge can't believe Brooke is alive. He comes back to her.

2 - Brooke is left alone without Ridge again and she is drinking so much... Hope is busy and Liam is the one trying to get her to stop drinking. Brooke starts looking funny at Liam who is looking at her oddly too. And just like that they kiss and make sensual sex, while Brooke says No... don't. In the morning Brooke is once again devastated. Hope learns of this soon and kills herself.

3 - Ridge finds out that this is not the real Taylor, but a psychotic patient of Taylor from years ago... that now has been keeping the real Taylor captive. This crazy woman had surgery to look like Taylor and is now manipulating Sheila. 

4 - Ridge can't stop loving Brooke and he once again leaves Taylor... Sheila can't believe that and in her rage tries to shoot Brooke while actually shooting and killing Ridge. Ridge dies and the show begins new era. 

5 - Thomas and Sheila begin psychotic love affair.

6 - Ridge gets sick of women and hooks up with Deacon. The show's rating Skyrocket. They get 100 EMmys.

That's all.

• Members

I think the problem is that B&B is pretty good at coming up with shocking twists, but not very good at following them up with an actual storyline. Sheila's 2017 return was a major shocker, but then she ended up doing virtually nothing. Maya's transgender reveal was a big surprise but the storyline that followed avoided any conflict that could have made it interesting or groundbreaking. The reintroduction of Spectra in 2017 was a very refreshing idea and for a while it seemed like the show would go back to its fashion roots, but instead they literally blew that idea to pieces.

It's been a VERY long time since B&B did a "shocking twist" that actually altered the status quo permanently. In fact, the last thing I remember that really "changed the show forever" was Stephanie's death 10 years ago, and that wasn't a change for the better.

So my major twist would not necessarily be a "shocking moment", but rather a major overhaul of the narrative structure of the show, the writing, the characters, and the plot themes. I would go back to the four corner stones of the show: Forrester, Logan, Spectra, Spencer. I would include actual fashion and publishing related storylines. I would bring back a lot of old characters from the 90s, and get rid of some of the more recent ones that were never developed properly. I would look to the past to find loose ends that have been left hanging and address them, rather than just making up random stuff as I go along. I would bring back some of the children that we haven't seen since they were little (Jack, Dino, Diana, Little D, Rosie, Lizzie).

But a shocking twist doesn't really get me all that excited for the show. It's one moment and then it will go back to being a really poorly written soap. I want the entire writing style to change.

• Members

I would do a fast forward and on a Friday have the end scene he “six months later.” End with someone coming home to kiss their husband. For example, Donna coming home to kill her husband Bill. 

Then over the following week you start to reveal other things that have changed. Maybe someone is in jail, someone has died. The entire week is also building to a big surprise party which will bring all the Forrester kids back. Then on Friday have Stephanie walk through the door and everybody yells surprise!

• Members

Brooke is shattered with the news that Nick had died .She remembers the good times and the bad.

Weeks later she finds that Grant Chambers died in a hit and run. Poor Brooke wonders about the odds of two exes dying in such short order.

Then Eric takes a fall and is comatose.When he comes to, he says he felt like he was pushed.

And on it goes Whip, Oliver, Bill , Thorne  and Ridge all die or face death.

The lead investigator is Brooke's old boyfriend Dave Reed who is determined to find the culprit and protect Brooke. 

Eventually Deacon is revealed to be the culprit as evidence is found that proves he was responsible.

Sheila is convinced this isn't true but no one will listen

Brooke gets closer to Dave again causing problems with Ridge.

Eventually Sheila uncovers that Dave has been responsible and as a police officer was able to fabricate evidence against Deacon. He wanted vengeance against all the men that had married/bedded Brooke when he felt rejected.

Dave finally snaps and Sheila is the one to save her.

Edited by Paul Raven