Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think it's weird.  I think it tastes fine.  I honestly wouldn't think twice about someone doing that in front of me and mayo is delicious.  It is silly that was made out to cement how Lani/TR were father/daughter.  I am not even sure anyone in my immediate family has the same tastes as me

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Found it.   Maggie gave Sarah Neil's stethoscope on December 20, 2018.  This convo doesn't say Neil passed away.  But it's sort of implied.

Sarah: What's that?

Maggie: Um, I was going through your fa-- some of your father's things the other day, and I found that, and I-I know he would want you to have it.  [Chuckles softly] He would be so proud of his little girl, that she's continuing the tradition of helping people and saving lives. I'm so proud of you too.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thanks! I was going back and forth in my mind if it was a pen or stethoscope lol.   For some reason, I got the impression Neil didn't die recently because if he did he would have known she was on track to being a Dr. and had been a Dr. for awhile when she arrived in Salem.  

• Members

Man, those were some dark, dark hours.  I remember watching some of that and thinking, "Would they have tried this if Erin Torpey were still playing Jessica?".

• Members

Killing Neil Curtis in my opinion, was a huge blunder. I feel like they could have brought him back from “his rounds” formed a relationship with Sarah and I could see Sarah having a similar relationship with Neil as Mike had with Bill. 

Maggie has aged, but Kayla, Tony and Anna haven't and “Alex Marshall” in the same age bracket as “Renee” LOL.

• Members

DAYS is obviously so fond of bringing back people on an off-contract/recurring basis, they could have done the same for Joe Gallison (unless, of course, JG is not at an age where he'd be up for returning even occasionally).

• Members

It's seems like it would have been a great oppurtunity for Neil to at least pop back in and introduce Noel.  JG is 87, so he may not have wanted to but I actually think Gloria Loring would be open to doing at least a brief return.

I want to stop making fun of Days stories, but each day gets a little worse especially with the Sarah story.  

Even the off screen stuff is stupid.  Marlena just spent the night with Belle tied up upstairs and didn't inform anyone in the household?

• Members

Believe me, I hear ya, lol.  IDK whether *I* can truly refrain from mocking or tearing apart this show and Ron Carlivati's godawful writing.  I know I should just...move on, but I also know it's never easy.

She behaved nothing like any human being anyone has ever known - but you're right, that's a whole other thing.

Ugh.  As much as I would LOVE to see GL/Liz again, I DREAD what "magic" someone like Ron Carlivati would have in store for her, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

He'd probably make her a wacky singing villian out for revenge against Maggie or Marlena for no reason.  Much like RC decided to make Diana Coleville an entirely different person to introduce......Leo.   Who wasn't even John's son so what was the point of that?

• Members

Yeah and he's not acted in about a decade so I suspect he's reached an age where he's not just acting. Not everyone is Bill Hayes unfortunately, so the only other option is probably to recast and in all honesty, DAYS has enough players on the canvas that are 70+. I think killing Neil off is the right decision in this case, since the character has no use without the OG actor and his kid is on the canvas so they need to adress it.