GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

As much as I’ve enjoyed some of these episodes you aren’t wrong about that ego! He does always bring it back to himself, though I admire his brutal honesty about how poorly he treated CD and even Kim Mc. 

He’s said he plans to have Genie and Jonathan Jackson on this year and I hope he does! 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They are both pretty open about telling this story lol.  It doesn't seem to bother Vanessa?  They still seem very close and actually closer than I thought they were at their peak.  Vanessa always played down a favorite in the S/B/J triangle and seemed close to Ingo, but the last decade or so is only pro Mo/Sonny -even before the Ingo stuff really came out.  I have to imagine Mo does respect her now and has to realize Sonny would not have taken off as a character without the Brenda pairing. 

Anyhow, it sounds like MB has an ego and has treated people badly and he does admit that.  On the other hand, so many actors sing his praises in the press without prompting so he must be helpful to them in some ways.   I think MB is a lot more mellow than he used to be and seems to at least own his bad past behavior.  Idk, my stance on him has changed for the better in recent years.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Is there any chance at all that we'll see any of his former AMC co-stars on this thing?  Better yet, how 'bout a reunion with Frances Fisher, who was once Lucille Ball to his Desi Arnaz in that TV movie?  I'd love to see them have a sit-down in light of "Being the Ricardos."

• Members

He has mellowed but it still irks me when he does that EGO stuff on state of mind  always bringing it back to himself which in some cases like when talking suicide/Depression but not always when discussing acting. He still has an heir of I am a better actor than you

Edited by John

• Members

I definitely think MB has a big ego, but it doesn't seem like it's an issue with many of his co-stars.  Outside of a few things he admits everyone seems to like him fine?   If Vanessa, Kim, Chad, etc are good with it, then why should we care?  I am not condoning bad behavior or anything, but it seems like they all good friends.  MB probably does think he's awesome, but people and the press treat him like he's Brando.  

I wonder if MB would reach out to old co-stars on AMC.  He seems to bring on guests he is still in touch with or close with.  Is he close with any former AMC co star?

• Members

"Perfect world" scenario: MB hosts a special AMC reunion with Rosa Nevin, Lauren Holly and Robert Duncan McNeill...and Alan Locher is banging on his door, begging to be let in.  ("Maurice is conducting the reunion instead of me?  Wow, that's crazy!")

• Members

It is just unfortunate that MB becoming a better person off-screen has come in parallel with him becoming a much worse and laziest actor on-screen.
I am thinking of it because of the Shannen Doherty conversation in the 90210 thread but it seems to me sometimes some actors need to be tough, rough and mean to get the best out of themselves and their costars. As he becomes more comfortable in his own skin and relaxed about life, he lost a lot of his acting drive, at least outwardly, and it shows.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I think if MB had gotten the kind of recognition of let’s say Tony Geary, he might not always bring up what a good actor he is.  It kind of reeks of insecurity instead of humility or even ego.  Because he spends so much time talking about how weak others were before they started working with him.

Not to say Tony didn’t have an ego- but at least he often commented on scene partners making him better, not the other way around lol.  Even 17 year old Genie.