B&B: Actress Exits

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am probably an oversensitive overly protective soap fan but I am not a fan of the subtext of that "Dreams do come true" comment.

Feels a bit belittling of her current job. Would it have hurt to pretend she is leaving a job she loves for an exciting new project rather than in essence saying she is finally landing a job she actually wants and does not have to cash a paycheck with a soap role anymore?
Fake it at least until the show is actually successful, girl, because there are chances it won't be and some of us have long memories.

• Members

I don't mean to be rude but she's an absolutele terrible actress and I have no idea how she even landed a role on B&B, let alone go on to something "bigger". 

Good for her though! Inevitably Bell would've gotten bored of the black storyline and dropped them off anyway. Better to get off before it goes down. 

• Members

Not going to miss her at all but I wouldn’t mind someone fresh as a Zoe recast if Thudley wants to continue that story at all. 

As for Barnes herself yes her acting was horrible the past 3 years and has been long past her sell by date since that silly Xander/Emma mess. However it would not surprise me at all if she exceeds beyond anyone’s wildest dreams in life after B&B

• Members

The way B&B writes and treats its black actors, like many soaps, is pitiful so even though she isn’t a great actress, I won’t knock her excitement. 

I wish any black actor on soaps the chance to spread their wings. So many ARE talented and are wasted in the background supporting the white characters in lead stories while waiting for their chance to have a generic C story in the background. 

• Members

I can't knock her excitement humanly speaking because it is a big break, I get it. I just wish she had been gracious enough to word it differently.

And considering the number of actors of all races B&B has hired, used six months and thrown away like a used tissue, she actually was treated pretty well on the work front: she was leading a major storyline in the past six months, well three years into her stint with them, which is not something that happens a lot at B&B outside the Forrester clan.