Which soap won't survive by 2025?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol so true.

I love DAYS, but it would likely be the one cancelled out of the four left. ABC owns GH. CBS has The Talk floundering. 

I do see it moving online. It does well in streaming. I don't think that gets talked about enough. But networks also still cling to network ratings and advertisers SO I don't know if it really matters it does well on streaming. Corday would likely try to keep it so I hesitate to say it will be cancelled. LOL. DAYS was pronounced dead in 2006/2007 and here we are.

What would NBC replace it with? Today #600? Good Morning America does better.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

In terms of what would replace them, most definitely another cheap talk show.  The genre (as it always has been) is so saturated. But instead of the '90s when it was Sally Jesse, Motel etc... doing tabloid topical issues a day, it's celebrity interviews and games or opinion blabbing and speculation on current events. At least you had a good variety of talks shows, game shows and soaps back then.

• Members

Jerry's show still airs reruns in syndication however. At least there was scenario variety compared to Maury with the same old DNA testing every episode.

Lynn Toler left Divorce Court, plus Judge Judy is in her last season, and Steve Harvey got the boot a few tears years back

Please register in order to view this content

Daytime tv will definitely be even crappier if soaps get the boot.