RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

R.I.P. James Hampton

James Hampton, a prolific actor known for roles in the TV series "F Troop" and the movie "The Longest Yard," died April 7 at age 84.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/james-hampton-f-troop-teen-wolf-actor-dies-age-84-n1263433

I also remember his stint on DOOL in the early 90s playing Rev. Saul Taylor, father of Melinda Clarke's character, Faith. He was part of Marcus' story, where Marcus was remembering the bombing of a black church when he was a kid.  Marcus was treating Faith's blindness and she developed a crush on him, which did not please her racist father. Steve got a prosthetic eye to go undercover as Taylor was running a drug operation.

Edited by applcin

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh wow, I remember the flag moment, too, and Martin Lewis's shell-shocked announcement.

I also remember seeing Diana's funeral cortege with my own eyes, the complete eerie silence of the huge crowds of people around me -- and how tiny, little and vulnerable Prince Harry looked walking behind his mother's coffin. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Probably Anne's last video interview. Starts at about 30 minutes. This is a great interview just from last week.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/04/anne-beatts-snl-final-interview.html

Anne Beatts was such a trailblazer and her SNL sketches - many of them so dark and jagged, and willing to push buttons - are still so well-constructed, 40-45 years later. 

Once we saw the photos of Charles leaving the hospital in tears, I didn't think Philip would be with us much longer. I'm sorry to hear of his passing, and I am heartbroken for the Queen, who adored him and who had the strongest support in him through many, many tests and tragedies. The monarchy has felt so much like it's at the end of an era these last few years, and today that seems truer than ever.