Ratings From the 90's

• Members

Not from Wikipedia but from information in my soap opera forum: LAURENCE CASO his friends call him "Laurie" & I think that is so endearing! He was a Producer or the EP at ATWT from 1988-1995. During the WGA Writers' Strike of 1988 he functioned as HW of the show. Before 1988 when he crossed over the wall to become ATWT Producer, he was the CBS Vice President for Daytime. When he went to ATWT Lucy Johnson stepped into that position. In 1995 P&G did something we can call Producers' Musical Chairs. First, I should say that very good information has it that this was CBS's idea and plan. P&G just implemented it for them. The AW EP John Valente was moved to be the new EP of ATWT. The GL EP Jill Farren Phelps was moved to be the new EP at AW. Michael Laibson, from where I do not know, was moved to be the EP at GL. That left one man standing & no empty chairs. That man was Laurence Caso, who had been such a steadying influence for 7 years at World Turns. ABC offered Caso the job of Creative Consultant to THE CITY in 1996 but he declined to take them up on that.

Possibly we may never agree on the word "retire" but I continue to be of the opinion that P&G threw away a good man & an excellent employee & someone who had been an excellent producer at one of their NY soaps. And, I also am critical of P&G for this action. 

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is confusing why some people refuse to accept new information while engaging in a forum meant to exchange ideas.  Just as it is a mystery why someone would claim other sources while directly quoting Wikipedia.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

I would imagine being a self-proclaimed <cough> industry insider  <cough> as some people label themselves all over social media <cough> are under the impression that "My stories are true and the facts don't matter."  Unfortunately TPTB continue to allow her prattle forth citing sources that may or may not be real -- unlike other sites that just ban her.

• Members

I'm the one who's been busy typing up every week of ratings from 1976-1995. This is a Nielsen ratings thread, so hopefully we can get back to focusing on that. I don't log in here each day to post ratings and find pages of arguments instead.

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 2/27/95-3/3/95 & 3/6/95-3/10/95:

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 3/13/95-3/17/95 & 3/20/95-3/24/95:

• Members

Y&R big events: St. Thomas remote. Rick kidnaps Blade and switches identities. John and Mamie kiss.

B&B big event: James learning Princess Laila is an alive Taylor.

Y&R big events: John and Jill custody trial for Billy starts. Jill and Katherine fight at the courthouse.

Y&R big events: Blade makes his way back to Genoa City. Ashley sees Blade and Rick together and is stunned by the resemblance. Ashley and Blade leave Genoa City for a brief trip (exit for Brenda Epperson pregnancy leave). 

B&B big events: Taylor has returned to Los Angeles but only James and Jack know that she's alive. Taylor makes disguised visits to an injured Ridge in the hospital. Sheila and Lauren jacuzzi fight. Lauren tells James about her past with Sheila. James is kidnapped and imprisoned by Sheila.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Looking at the CBS numbers, I think we are seeing the impact of the affiliate losses. I'm not referring to clearances. When CBS lost NFL broadcasting rights in 1994, they also lost several established affiliates in major media markets. 

B&B big event: Brooke learns Taylor is alive.

Edited by kalbir

• Members