Soap Opera Digest Best & Worst of 1995

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm actually watching AW episodes from 95 right now, and while I do like it, it doesn't feel at all like AW. It feels like some crime and medical drama. I can see how that might have alienated fans, but if you read SOD, it sounds like the changes were a good thing lol

• Members

It was a great year for AMC (mostly due to interim HW Hal Corley and then Lorraine Broderick).  I'm surprised they didn't mention the gay umbrella storyline on AMC starting, but I guess that really began in December 1995 (when Michael Delaney came out to his class).

"Worst Contemporary Story - Lost In Cyberspace - AMC"

Was this the dumb storyline between, I think, Cecily and Charlie who were on an online dating site?

• Members

I liked Keith Hamilton Cobb better than Shemar Moore, but I might be the only one.

Lol at Brenda and Miguel being unrealistic.  I didn't think they were that bad just lacking chemistry.  And by lacking chemistry I just mean Ricky Martin can't act..

• Members

Yes it was. I don’t know much about AMC history but they found it really contrived and cliched to use the Internet like that for two characters already in close contact like that. 

It sounded like what happened with Frank & Blake in GL’s final days. 

• Members

You’re welcome! Haha I didn’t even knew Lawford had done daytime either until I saw his name credited with Rose Nevin. 

I don’t think it’s on YouTube anymore, but the scenes of Justine posing as Rachel threatening Evan Frame to do him in like his mother with a letter opener early on in the Justine story were chilling. And POOF! Evan hightailed it out of Bay City for good. 

• Members

That could have been a factor, I guess. I don't know if they ever said what the original plans for Noah were. I think he took off with fans after initial small appearances. 

JFP got a great deal of praise and forgiveness for poor choices from the soap press - she must have been very personable. This only wore off by the end of her run at OLTL

• Members

I never thought the characters were that similar at all.  And they had two different acting styles for sure.  Noah was way more intense, IMO. Malcom was more suave. 

It's not like in 1996-1997 when every ABC soap had a random Australian because Jax on GH was a hit.