GTST: Dutch soap

• Members

I realize the earlier thread was shut down years ago but I became hooked on this show when I was in the Netherlands from mid December to mid January. I couldn’t understand any of the dialogue so it was fun to figure out what the storylines were. Anybody out there who can fill me in on the basics? I’m already a big fan of the Verduyn family-patriarch Julian had been a character on GTST from 1995 to 1999 and has returned with a wife, three kids and a dog!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • Members

What the hell is going on with Gtst since November?

At first they write off Original Character Linda and long time character Anton all of the sudden.

now the rapey Doc is out/dead… Richard is out. (Who finally got Ludo something to do and even was a great villain)… Billy left for good now. JoJo and Illyas out.

and now some Spangas cast member got picked up.

im irritated what’s going on there. I swear if they cancel Gtst then I am going livid

Please register in order to view this content

I wish they would’ve written off other characters instead… 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I know the actress who played JoJo quit to “do other things”-in fact she’s the lead in a film called Costa coming out next week. I was a little surprised that both Richard and Roman have been written out. Babette Van Veen (Linda) left the show for a number of years but then returned so I think she’ll be back someday. I wish I could see clips from recent GTST episodes on YouTube but the channel obviously got some sort of warning by RTL. 

• Members

I’ll admit that it’s not new for GTST that a lot of cast members are leaving in a Seizoen/Season.  But so many in just a few months it’s a bit concerning for me.

I‘m just worried about a cancellation coz Spangas got cancelled and will air its last episode after 15 years this month. I know they air on two different networks but it’s still a bit frightening.

I’ve been to the Netherlands in 2015 for the 25th Anniversary GTST Live! Event which was also the last LIVE Event for Gtst.. I‘m a real big fan.

Babette (Linda) was really mad about her firing in an interview and I don’t blame her. I get that she left a tons of times between 1990 to 2015 but I still don’t get that decision to cut her. Why not Laura? I mean I don’t want to lose either one of them. I just hope she will be invited back

Please register in order to view this content

she is one of my favorites.

i watch them on Videoland with a VPN and a premium account. It costs something like 8€. But it’s worth it.

Sorry for writing so much  

• Members

Oh no, THANK YOU for responding! 

Wow, I thought that Babette VanVeen had decided to leave and they just wrote off Linda and Anton together. I had no idea she was actually let go. Yikes. That’s not cool.

I wondered if maybe you knew what happened with the young actor who played Valentijn, Vincent Visser? Very good looking kid, not a bad actor at all but I suspect something went wrong and he ended up being fired and Val was sent to prison. I remember they tried to pair Val up with Merel for about two episodes but there was no chemistry at all between them. I used to subscribe to Visser’s YT videos but all it seems to be is his riding expensive cars and hanging out in very expensive looking apartments and going on very expensive vacations with his “buddies.” Very dull. 

Speaking of Merel Sophie Bouquet is absolutely stunning looking and has improved tremendously as an actress since joining the show. I’ve only ever been able to watch during my year end visits to The Netherlands so can’t easily track her character. Has it never been suggested that she’s actually the biological daughter of Julian and Jessica? It makes far more sense to me. She physically looks a lot more like Katja Schuurman than Tamara Brinkman! Hah.

OK, now that’s ME writing too much! Maybe we could carry on our conversations in the Message Center? Would that be possible? Again, thanks for your response!

• 2 months later...