"Halloween Kills" & "Halloween Ends" 2 new upcoming Halloween movies

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

According to this video posted on Jan 18, 2022, Michael has been cast in a role but can no longer find the tweets

ETA: Michael Deleted the tweet but responded to some congrats with TY's. So Im thinking Blumhouse may have asked him to delete the tweet

Edited by John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

I've heard some very interesting and divisive things about Ends, which hardcore fans are up in arms about based on very little information. I loved Kills (basically Robert Altman's Halloween, with a touch of mysticism) but it was super divisive, so I am open to whatever they try that is new and intriguing. Nothing can be stranger than Carpenter's own plans for the future of the franchise in the mid-80s, which we've discussed here before, I think.

• Members

I thought Kills was fantastic as well, but I admit to being skeptical of what I've heard about Ends. I'm just going to go into it with an open mind. I have survived so many horrific Halloween sequels, that I owe them the benefit of the doubt after two solid films.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't think it's really going to hurt it tbh  - those films are big for Blumhouse and it did well in theaters last time for Kills. There's a mild uproar of 'oh, how can they do this to the theatres again??' but Halloween Kills did major box office. This is most likely being done simply to try to shore up Peacock, like the sudden DAYS move. Halloween sells, Peacock doesn't.

• Webmaster

Agree. What they did with Halloween Kills that allowed it to succeed in theaters was they didn't promote it being available on Peacock too. That way people still packed into the theaters. With movie theaters surging now I wouldn't be surprised if the movie exceeds Kills at the box office because I expect them to do the same thing, pretend it's only in theaters and not promote the Peacock aspect as much, and because it's the "final" movie. It won't do the Halloween reboot numbers but it should do decently.

I for one will be watching in theaters even though by the time it releases I'll have Peacock premium. I'll watch it again at home when I feel like it. But there's nothing like a cinematic experience for a horror film.

• 1 month later...