"Halloween Kills" & "Halloween Ends" 2 new upcoming Halloween movies

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's definitely interesting! I had no idea about them having any involvement in Halloween 4. I think it was definitely a missed opportunity to never feature them. Lindsay could've easily been Rachel. Speaking of Rachel, her death in part 5 was a nightmare. It's not like they had another final girl so I'm not sure why they didn't keep her. 

The biggest missed opportunity for me with Halloween is not doing the original Halloween 2 with Laurie living in that sky rise. It would've been such a unique location for a slasher flick. I always wished we had gotten to see that.

• Members

I feel it could've been a retread of Carpenter's Somebody's Watching Me, but it was a neat idea.

The H4 script Carpenter worked on with Dennis Etchison was overtly supernatural. It was very out there and basically stated that the Shape lived on through the town's fear and hatred of him. At the end he turns into a fifty foot tall Shape towering over a burning drive-in - it was a lot, LOL. IIRC Carpenter wanted Joe Dante to direct.

Edited by Vee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Kyle has been going back and forth for a while now so I'm gonna assume she at least has a decent sized role in the first sequel. I'm still curious who is going to appear in both and I wonder if some of the people announced are just for the final sequel. I don't imagine they'll specify any of that due to spoilers.

• Members

I didn't know they changed the plans to film them back to back. I assumed they would've made sure writing was complete before they went into production. Now I worry it'll cause spoilers if they still plan on filming Ends before Kills is released. When only certain actors return for filming, it could lead to spoilers. I hope they can keep it under wraps because I find it pretty exciting that they're giving a horror series this type of treatment and I still want to be surprised. I want it to be an event much like Marvel or Star Wars where I can go in not knowing what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

a 50 ft Shape? no wonder they didn't use this. where can I find the script or a breakdown of H4?

this is the same thing that happened with H5. they were still writing the script during filming. damn.

they may film all the co-star's scene at once while HK is in production.