What were the best and worst triangles on soaps?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, Kirk was ostensibly introduced as a jerk from Day 1 and spent a great deal of his early time in Oakdale being a jerk.  Even while in a relationship with Iva, he tried to tamp down his tendency to be a jerk.  His relationship with Iva kind of shifted him into being something of a lovable jerk.  

Up until that point, I had a somewhat neutral opinion of Ellie (except that I was glad that Craig left her to go back to Sierra, lol) but that storyline really left me with the impression that Ellie, for all her cuteness--her ability to rock a sleek bob and wear the heck out of a Betsy Johnson dress-- came off as a covetous younger sister who wanted all of Iva's 'things'.  Her relationship with Craig and then Kirk both seemed to contain traces of that element.  I'm not sure whether that was written to deliberate or if it was unintended. 

(Meg was also a jerk, at times, too but she never tried to hide it when she behaved like one. She often reveled in antagonizing Iva in her teenage years.  Then there's Josh (eww) but I don't want to get into that one 

Please register in order to view this content

).

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

GL, I don't know why I didn't think of this one - but Dinah/Hart/Cassie was pretty good.  There used to be scenes on YouTube - one was really good of Cassie confronting Dinah in the bathroom - and another one of Vanessa confronting Dinah and telling her she needed to let Hart go, that he clearly wanted to be with Cassie.  Always good in a triangle when you have a parent tell the daughter to let the guy go.  In that scene I remember Dinah going after Vanessa and saying she could also have Matt - and in fact HAD Matt over New Year's Eve.  Wendy Moniz was fabulous as Dinah.