Game Shows

• Members

I had never heard of this show till I saw these uploads. The old original commercials are cool too. One episode contained probably one of the first ads for Ragu spaghetti sauce. Yes I had to Google who singer Enzo Stuarti was.....

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Wow, I have some catching up to do with this thread!

Re: Queen for a Day. Years ago, one of the specialty digital cable networks aired some of the surviving 50s episodes, and that's my only experience watching it. Never thought we'd ever see the 1969 revival, though. Just from watching the first few minutes, I can tell the format was already severely outdated, and the host doesn't have nearly as much charm as you need in order to make it work.

ALWAYS good to see more High Rollers!! I never put two and two together in my head to realize that audiences were getting a full hour of Bill Cullen while he subbed for Allen on P+ alongside hosting Chain Reaction.

• Members

It's always great when these long lost shows appear. Bill Cullen hosted so many game shows back to back. He took over The Joker's Wild when Jack Berry died in 1984.

One short lived show I enjoyed was the 80's version of " Dream House" hosted by Bob Eubanks. The producer had the master tapes in his basement and it got flooded and the show is lost forever. A few home video recordings have popped up on youtube in poor quality, but better than nothing.