Alex Trebek Has Passed Away After Battle with Pancreatic Cancer

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

It's going to be so emotional watching these. If there's one thing Bob Barker retiring from TPIR taught me, it's to savor the last moments of the greats before their episodes are gone forever, seemingly never to see the light of day again (besides all of the wonderful YouTubers out there). I hope Alex's J! reruns find a permanent home.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, All My Shadows said:

It's going to be so emotional watching these. If there's one thing Bob Barker retiring from TPIR taught me, it's to savor the last moments of the greats before their episodes are gone forever, seemingly never to see the light of day again (besides all of the wonderful YouTubers out there). I hope Alex's J! reruns find a permanent home.

I’ve started back watching Jeopardy, but I’m not sure I’m going to continue for now. It might be too raw to watch.

This clip never gets old. I would've given the same answer as Ken Jennings too.

Edited by kalbir

Tonight (Sunday) ABC's 20/20 is doing a special about Alex (at 10 pm ET/9 pm CT). I'm so sad about this, what a year. 

Such positive things all around about him on Twitter. A fellow Canuck, an absolute legend. I don't think I've ever watched a full episode of Jeopardy in my life and yet I still teared up at that clip of some contestant saying it was Alex Trebek and the show that taught him English while he watched it with his grandfather (father?); and the clip of another contestant answering "We love you Alex," where Alex got choked up a bit. Of course, he also made me laugh seeing the clip of him rapping for one of the categories. What an icon. RIP.

One obituary described Trebek as a steady and consistent presence over decades. A sad irony that he should pass away when calm, steady and consistency seems to be in greatest need. R.I.P. Alex Trebek, who fought hard for as long as he possibly could.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

I burst into tears watching Mike Richards, J!'s EP, introduce tonight's episode - right to the lights dimming on the empty set. Still, I want to savor every last minute of Alex. I am still absolutely heartbroken that he is no longer with us.

13 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I burst into tears watching Mike Richards, J!'s EP, introduce tonight's episode - right to the lights dimming on the empty set. Still, I want to savor every last minute of Alex. I am still absolutely heartbroken that he is no longer with us.

Yeah it was a nice tribute: