Alex Trebek Has Passed Away After Battle with Pancreatic Cancer

• Members

It's going to be so emotional watching these. If there's one thing Bob Barker retiring from TPIR taught me, it's to savor the last moments of the greats before their episodes are gone forever, seemingly never to see the light of day again (besides all of the wonderful YouTubers out there). I hope Alex's J! reruns find a permanent home.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Such positive things all around about him on Twitter. A fellow Canuck, an absolute legend. I don't think I've ever watched a full episode of Jeopardy in my life and yet I still teared up at that clip of some contestant saying it was Alex Trebek and the show that taught him English while he watched it with his grandfather (father?); and the clip of another contestant answering "We love you Alex," where Alex got choked up a bit. Of course, he also made me laugh seeing the clip of him rapping for one of the categories. What an icon. RIP.

• Members

One obituary described Trebek as a steady and consistent presence over decades. A sad irony that he should pass away when calm, steady and consistency seems to be in greatest need. R.I.P. Alex Trebek, who fought hard for as long as he possibly could.

Edited by DramatistDreamer