4 Dead in Tennessee Waffle House Shooting

DramatistDreamer

• Members

The victims' families ought to sue the father of the shooter. It is outrageous that a man with this history was allowed to access weapons, let alone an assault rifle!  It seems that in the U.S., only the language of litigation is taken seriously in these times.  Also, that pool incident and they decided not to press charges? Consider the disparity between the police response to that incident vs. the one taken toward the men in Starbucks.  It's beyond me how anyone can still refuse to believe that there are unequal systems in America. 

Please register in order to view this content

Man Sought in Waffle House Shooting Had Been Arrested Near White House

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oops. Thanks for understanding what I meant @Roman

Please register in order to view this content

.  I just realized my typo and corrected it but yes, the Newtown families are suing, although it might be a longshot to sue the gun manufacturer, I applaud the stand that they are taking in highlighting the accountability factor. 

Until there is some sensible gun laws being passed, lawsuits seem to be the only recourse.

I do think in this Waffle House situation, the families of the victims would have a stronger case should they decide to sue the father for damages. (Sadly, I'm not confident that he will be charged).

And, I'm sorry but why can't the authorities find this man?  He was naked, kills four people and was able to go back to his place to put on a pair of pants?  The guy was presumed to be shirtless and shoeless and still cannot be found??

• Members

This is why I'm dubious that the father will be charged.  Had this dude had even a hint of melanin, he'd be awaiting trial from the inside of a jail cell, that's if he hadn't been shot dead by police.

This is truly disrespectful to all the victims and the survivors alike. 

Archived