Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ron Carlivati has done this exact same story with amnesia victims bonding with someone other than their partner multiple times on multiple shows (Lulu on GH, both Jessica and Marty on OLTL). In the end he reunites the original couple. Sometimes he later breaks them apart again, but not always. I wouldn't bet the house on Paul and Will even if Paul is far less annoying than Sonny.

He's also done the "wacky lady with DID romances another man other than her partner, while everyone who knows she is mentally ill tells no one" thing many times. It's so predictable.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Valerie really needs to pull it together. Like bitch, no one told you to go snooping. Let these people live.

Ron's fascination with having sane people fall for alters even after they know they're alters is so annoying and tired. Is this his way of making sure the audience continues to hate Stefan?

Also does Abby as Dr. Laura just have eyes that are unaffected by the various prescription glasses she keeps putting on?

• Members

Just saw Monday's episode and thought it was a good one in a while. I even watched the Eve and Brady story. It was a well directed episode by CS.

So Papa Bear had to come and ruin Paul and Will getting hot and heavy.....ugh......he again made faces and cried and left faster than Ron Carlivati's story movements....He quickly recovered with the hot bartender. Papa Bear seeing Paul shirtless and Will's shirt unbutton was priceless!  I wish he had walked on them making love or at least with Will shirtless too.....btw Paul looked so hot!

• Members

No more hot bartender??

Please register in order to view this content

I also wasn't happy with Papa Bear lecturing Will on his parenting skills. Papa Bear isn't even the father to Will's daughter. I hate how they keep bringing that up that he is her dad.....when he is nothing to her....go away Papa Bear.

• Members

Question: I remember Eve from the 80s and 90s, but what was her relationship like with the Bradys? Were Caroline & Shawn viewed as Grandparents to her? Was she considered/accepted as family to the Bradys? I don’t remember that part. Just remember Charlotte Ross being so pretty with beautiful eyes and her romance with Nick. 

• Members

It must have worked on me as that's the reason I like Stefan, I'm rooting for Abi and him however it seems fresh to me, probably because I'm not a long term viewer who's used to the Days soap tropes. The UK/Aus soaps should do stuff like this, they never really have.

• Members

It's not a Days soap trope, it's a Ron trope. He's done it on all three shows he's been on. He has these guys fall for alters, knowing the host is mentally ill and I guess for audience members like you it actually works, which I don't mean as an attack on you. I personally don't enjoy it and think it's gross.

• Members

Yes but let's face it, most viewers aren't like me. Most viewers are loyal fans to the soaps and have watched for years and years so I can see why it would be tiring. I see no issue with a guy falling for someone who has mental health issues, but I can see an issue if it's being repeated continually as the guy should come up with original ideas.

Archived