Winter Olympics 2018

Soapsuds

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will pretty much watch anything in the Winter Olympics, possibly except for curling which I find a little random.

My faves are figure skating (everything), snowboard half pipe, snowboard anything really, ski jumping, speed skating and cross country biathalon.

SAvchenko & Massot were incredible. And so was Yuzu Hanyu. Did y'all see all the pooh bears his fans threw onto the ice when he finished his skate? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I read about Javier Fernandez's Chaplin skate and finally managed to find a video of it - what a beautiful routine, what a beautiful man, and what a beautiful ass. One of the reasons I don't follow a lot of male figure skating is sometimes it seems so po-faced (phony attention seekers like Johnny Weir don't count as exceptions), but this year has had some nice surprises that proved me wrong. 

• Members

I saw his performance last night. I had never heard of him. I have lost track of the male skaters for a while now so I have no clue who the new faces are.

As for the bold part...I'm shocked! Have you ever used that word to describe a guy?

Please register in order to view this content

Btw the finals are tonight.....

He is adorable....

• Members

Now I know why I stopped watching figure skating. The sport is so damn fixed. Fernandez should have at least gotten the silver. The Japanese guy who skated after Fernandez fell yet he went ahead of him?....[!@#$%^&*] No!  Especially with Fernandez already ahead of him. And the winner of the gold.....pfft.......two of his quads he barely held on ....didn't think he was that great.

The US Chen...great long program but had no chance with his short program failure.

After today I won't be watching this rigged mess again.

• Members

If Javi hadn’t doubled that quad, he would have easily won the silver. But he finally got on the podium, which is fantastic!

Yuzuru was pretty unbeatable after his short program, which was flawless. His gold was well-deserved IMO.

They both seem like nice guys.

Glad that Nathan redeemed himself with that free skate. He can at least leave Korea with some dignity.

NBC needs to show the medal ceremonies.

Archived