Y&R Actor Being Furloughed?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those are my words @Vee It's the best way that I could describe the state of limbo that the actor/character seems to be in.

You probably don't watch so you may not realize this but Y&R has been having certain characters/actors leave, then announce that they plan to return the character soon.  No one knows when or for how long the character will stay once they return.

They recently did this with the Jordan character and they've been repeatedly announcing that the character has left, for now but will return yet the date is unspecified.

And by the way, there are plenty of furloughed workers who are NOT paid during their layoff period. so a furlough does not necessarily mean you get paid while your laid off, plenty of people don't.

• Members

I know what they've been doing. I didn't mean to mock you - I just thought the specific word choice was Mal Young's latest attempt to 'revamp' the show with all sorts of bizarre ideas. I do understand what you mean.

• Members

I mentioned this at the end of SSM's tenure - not one of the 10-12 characters (new, reboot or return) introduced in SSM era made it to opening credits: Scott, Tessa, Reed, Charlie, Maddie, Ravi, Zach, Juliet, The Worm, Dina, Graham, Reed's girls. I believe credits were revamped in February so additions could've been made - especially since several of those characters were screenhogs. 

I believe had fewer 'new' characters been added, they could've worked on making them stronger - Juliet should've been a keeper. 

I mentioned this at the end of SSM's tenure - not one of the 10-12 characters (new, reboot or return) introduced in SSM era made it to opening credits: Scott, Tessa, Reed, Charlie, Maddie, Ravi, Zach, Juliet, The Worm, Dina, Graham, Reed's girls. I believe credits were revamped in February so additions could've been made - especially since several of those characters were screenhogs. 

I believe had fewer 'new' characters been added, they could've worked on making them stronger - Juliet should've been a keeper. 

Archived