Megyn Kelly Melts Down

DRW50

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, well, well. Looks who's using gun control for a better image...

She's saying ALL the right things, but I don't believe for a second she means it or truly cares. Megyn, honey,  you're not that good of an actress. Her so-called impassioned speech was dead behind the eyes.

In any case, here it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't think switching Megyn out of morning TV will do the trick.  I mean, they could have her host "Dateline NBC" on Friday or Saturday nights and it would STILL bomb; and that's because no one outside of Fox News' loyal audience wants to see that woman doing anything.  She really belongs back on FNC, where the journalistic standards are nil; or on One America News or InfoWars.

• Members

Good question(s).

Granted, I'm not an expert OR psychic, but I think NBCU will eventually buy out Megyn's contract.  They've done it before with other personalities who've proven to be liabilities for their organization.  (Hi, Matt Lauer!)  I can't see them NOT doing it again.

As for the 9 am slot -- again, I could be wrong -- but, in retrospect, I've come to see Katie Couric's Olympics gig as a possible first step toward succeeding Megyn in that hour.  Katie's profile is higher than Megyn's; she's liked by a broader segment of the network's target audience (even when she makes the occasional, on-air gaffe, like that unfortunate comment about the Dutch being so good at skating because they have to skate to work everyday); and she'd be back under NBC's fold AND "Today"'s.

But, if Katie weren't to succeed Megyn in the 9 am slot, then NBCU would probably just raid from MSNBC's coffers, or CNBC's, or one of the MANY syndicated shows (like "Access Hollywood") they produce.

Or...they could just get Ryan Seacrest.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I’m assuming you mean Seacrest when the Idol reboot tanks and he’s no longer indentured to ABC?

Couric would be good, if she’s up for it. They could just put Sheinelle Jones and Al Roker back in place, which was working just fine, or, gasp, beg Tamron Hall to return (although they may have burned their bridges, but a sweet paycheck could soothe all of that).

Mary Carillo would be fun. 

• Members

OR...he could do it IN ADDITION TO the "Idol" reboot, the radio stuff AND "Live with Kelly & Ryan."  Apparently, Ryan Seacrest can do it all.  (Not that he SHOULD do it all, or anything AT all, but you know what I'm saying.)

• Members

As someone who needs at least 7 hours of sleep to be semi-functional, I don’t know how he does it. You don’t even really have time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Dude is running from some deep mental trauma. But I digress...

I think the Megyn trouble has probably bought DAYS a few more years, but they really should be announcing that renewal soon.

Archived