DAYS: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, at the very least, Jamie could've been someone who found Will in Memphis, took him in as a sort of surrogate son, then helped him reunite with his loved ones when she realized he's her old friend's child.  Then, once Jamie's back in Salem, they could toy with (finally) putting her with Lucas.

• Members

Chandler and Freddie did it again today — laughing during their scene. Just disgusting and unprofessional. That kind of thing takes me out of the scene completely, and it’s like watching a bad dress rehearsal.

Claire is awful beyond belief. She should have been dumped with the last horrific Ciara.

• Members

The problem is they do all of this in probably one or two takes so stuff like them laughing, obviously, isn't fixed. And it should be. I can't say I blame them for laughing lol. But blame the show as well for not re-shooting it.

Sucks the soaps operate on a shoestring budget.

• Members

^^Perhaps if some of the soaps got rid of so many unnecessary characters, they can bring someone on board. Days and GH have way too many characters!  

The "Will is alive" reveal continues to disappoint.  

Marlena finds out and for multiple segments, she and John just sit there and talk as if Will dies daily and returns.  Where is the damn urgency?!  

• Members

Yeah the John and Marlena talk disappointed me. I wanted more from it.

But coming back from the dead is common in Salem. Literally almost everyone on this show has come back from the dead, minus some of the new characters. Caroline, Abe, Roman, Jack (multiple times), Victor, Doug, heck even Alice Horton, Maggie, Cassie, Marlena, Hope, Bo, John, Kate, Steve, Andre, Stefano, Kristen ... (and I'm sure I'm still not listing everybody). Hell, Billie's 1998 swamp baby turned out to never be dead.

So it is a regular every day thing. And they've kind of acknowledged that in the story.

• Members

And that's beyond ridiculous because this story should not be told in the way they are telling it  Sami, Marlena, Sonny, etc should just sit back and patiently wait for Will to rise from the dead!  A "Will Is Alive" story has to be a huge waste of time,  right?  There's no value in it!  

• Members

I think had Days been able to do a real remote the Will story would have turned out much better. Their non budget is just ruining this story. Even some of ATWT worst stories during Hogan Sheffer years were saved by remotes. I think they even had one in Tennessee with Aaron and Allison or was it Gwen.....can't recall.

• Members

The non-budget doesn't just ruin the Will story, but the whole show, the sets and lighting are awful, and no exterior scenes, pretty much destroys the whole show. But I'm suspending my disbelief for the whole thing because I do like the stories and the characters. The Memphis bar was actually a nicer location than the pub in Salem, maybe they should switch to that permanently.

• Members

I thought today's episode was pretty good except for any of Claire's scenes. She is so annoying! But having the entire ep focus on the J.J./Theo story and beats of that I thought was done well. Finally, the first ep in a while that didn't seem to jump around or have odd pacing.

I hope the town doesn't turn on Kate. I get that it adds more drama to the Andre, Chad, Abby mix but still. I like Kate. 

Having the same set used for multiple "locations" is distracting but if the writing and production were better it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. I mean, giving the right material and the right actors people could pull off acting in a cardboard box! However, when you have poor writing, poor acting (in a lot of cases on this show), poor production, AND poor set use then it all adds up. Which is too bad because I think that this J.J./Theo story is finally a story that could have been hit out of the park. (If only it were still the 80's. 

Please register in order to view this content

)

ATWT had a on location story with Allison, Lucy and Aaron. If i remember correctly that went on all summer. ATWT did go location for the Gwen/Clea/Garden Gnome saga. Days going on location would've at least enhanced this lackluster tale. Instead we get Eric's farm house turned into Susan's place. The prison turned into the Memphis police station, The Cheating Heart turned into the bar Will works at.

• Members

Oh I completely agree. Because it's been such a habit of the show it kills any type of return from the dead story.

I agree with you. I think there's been some entertainment but it's also been lackluster. I think most soaps lack any sort of "energy" and "urgency" anymore.

Archived