Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

Yep.  It's a major reason why I've been watching the Hallmark Channel's "Countdown to Christmas" with a vengeance.  Even hate-watching these movies has been, for me, a chance to de-stress from everything and focus on something positive.  (IDK what the [!@#$%^&*] I'm gonna do come January.)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess watch the regular Hallmark movies? If it has Kellie Martin, Danica McKellar, Candace Cameron Bure or anyone else I grew up watching/around my age, I'm there. Remember growing up when all the networks had those "moment of truth" movies with people like Elizabeth Montgomery, Patty Duke, Meredith Baxter, Lindsay Wagner, Melissa Gilbert, etc.? 

Here are a couple of articles that get right to the point of what you're talking about:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-hallmark-channel-christmas-movies-20171207-story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/television/hallmark-channel-ratings-harvey-weinstein-matt-lauer-20171212.html%3famphtml=y

P.S. Even though it's a "crime" show, I still love to binge watch on Monk. No matter what, Tony Shaloub always makes me laugh. 

• Members

Since this is the case of a political candidate, not Hollywood, I posted the article in the Politics thread. 

It is an interesting article because it involves a woman who drops out of a Congressional race after a sexual harassment allegation surfaces.  Apparently, she blames the Democratic Congressional Committee for its 'zero tolerance policy' for her withdrawal from the race. 

Here's the link to the thread where I posted it.

https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/28724-the-politics-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1547465

• Members

All I see in that brutally short 'apology' is a PR exercise designed to protect Brand Batoli. The apology barely resonates, so buried is it beneath the multiple references to 'my fans' and 'I will work everyday to regain your respect and trust.' As if the brand isn't dead (which it probably isn't). It's like he's apologising for a piece of shell left in somebody's shrimp cocktail.

And then there's that Get The Recipe button. For cinnamon rolls. Because a hard day's predation makes Alpha Dawg HONGRAY.

Edited by Cat

• Members

That's something I totally missed actually! 

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you for pointing that out. It either never occurred to him to apologize to the victims, or maybe he figured if he didn't acknowledge them directly, this whole might go away faster from a legal standpoint. It's clear from this missive he sees his chef's career continuing in the near future. Either way, he is scum.

The more I read it, the more it seems like some awful parody of a Mario Batali apology tweet -- but no, it's for real.

Edited by Cat

• Members

All these things make one's head spin. You knew of a casting couch, but didn't dream it was this HUGE. Of course, there is  large amount of double standard around as well, because women can do it, and nobody bats an eyelash. I think people are also lumping someone whistling, or pinching someone's butt in with stuff that's truly heinous. I mean, someone pinching your ass should not be some big deal unless you've got serious emotional problems.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Yes, some women have almost certainly behaved badly, but I seriously doubt that it's on a scale even remotely comparable to what men have done, and still do. So let's not try to shift focus from the heinous behaviour of these men, because it is almost overwhelmingly men.

And while some behaviour is more despicable than other I don't think it's entirely wrong to lump them all together, because they're symptoms of the same disease in our society. At the end of the day all these actions are wrong, whether it's pinching someone's butt against their will or something more serious. It's all sexual abuse, and it's all wrong, and it should not be tolerated in any shape or form.