Jump to content
kalbir

Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

Exactly, Sussman didn't take a hatchet to the show, despite the handwringing over her and how awful she is. You'd think she had damaged the show beyond repair with how some react to her.

 

Marla Adams is amazing and I will be forever grateful to Sussman for writing her back in.

 

And people seem to like to give MY a pass (not necessarily *everyone* here, and I see it elsewhere) but he's still the EP. This mess is still just as much his as it is Sussman. I'll give his writing a chance of course but I'm not sure what to expect. It's hard to know who's running things because there are many cooks in the kitchen. Is it Sally, Mal, CBS, or Sony who wants Boretoria on 24/7, who wants "Villy", etc.

 

And @ajsp35801 I've noticed the improved writing for Hilary as well, I FFwd a bit more than I used to but I try and watch her scenes. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

 

 

I think this s/l with Dina and Ashley is terrific. I cannot stand the Cane/Lily/Juliet s/l and I also hope they stop the same old feuds with Victor and Nick.

 

 

 

Edited by YRestlessfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

DAYS is much better than Y&R at the moment. But you seem to have some agenda against the show.

 

And if you like the show TALK ABOUT IT (that goes for others who like the show, what's stopping you?). Who cares if some of us aren't happy with it? You, me, all of us, we're all entitled to our opinions. You could also learn a little bit on how to talk to other posters who don't share your opinion.

 

I have no agenda against DAYS. I’m enjoying it a lot since Ron C took over. I just don’t think it’s THAT good (nor would I expect it to be) and I don’t think it’s close yet in quality to Y&R.

 

And clearly, we ARE talking about it, so I don’t know what your lecture is about. You ask “Who cares if some of us aren’t happy with it?” Huh? If that’s the case, why have a board at all? 

 

I’ve said before that you’re entitled to your opinions. I never said you weren’t, yet you’re again repeating that. I don’t need to “learn a little bit” on how to talk to other posters I disagree with. While I might criticize someone’s opinion of the show, you’re criticizing me. Just remember that. 

 

If you don’t like my posting style, fine. You don’t have to read my posts. If I criticized your posts, I’d be less harsh about your response here. I just don’t get why you or anyone has to speak for the entire board.

 

i have NO problem with you or any other poster here, KMan. None. If you don’t want to read my posts, it’s easy to block me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

 

I have no agenda against DAYS. I’m enjoying it a lot since Ron C took over. I just don’t think it’s THAT good (nor would I expect it to be) and I don’t think it’s close yet in quality to Y&R.

 

And clearly, we ARE talking about it, so I don’t know what your lecture is about. You ask “Who cares if some of us aren’t happy with it?” Huh? If that’s the case, why have a board at all? 

 

I’ve said before that you’re entitled to your opinions. I never said you weren’t, yet you’re again repeating that. I don’t need to “learn a little bit” on how to talk to other posters I disagree with. While I might criticize someone’s opinion of the show, you’re criticizing me. Just remember that. 

 

If you don’t like my posting style, fine. You don’t have to read my posts. If I criticized your posts, I’d be less harsh about your response here. I just don’t get why you or anyone has to speak for the entire board.

 

i have NO problem with you or any other poster here, KMan. None. If you don’t want to read my posts, it’s easy to block me. 

 

You’re taking things way too personally. I don’t need to block you. But i was responding to you and those who say they like the show as it is now and that’s great all I did was try to suggest posting about what’s great instead of lecturing and a few other posters chimed in to say they like the show too but they implied they seemed afraid to post what they liked so that’s all I was doing was  saying who cares if some of us complain, post anyway about what you like, why is the negativity a deterrent. We all have our likes and dislikes and sometimes you don’t seem respectful of that but it seems my attempt at advice rubbed you wrong and you took it as a lecture (that was far from a lecture) so my mistake for attempting to engage. Sorry to have bothered you. My intentions were very much misunderstood by you. Hope you have a nice day.

 

6 hours ago, YRestlessfan said:

 

 

I think this s/l with Dina and Ashley is terrific. I cannot stand the Cane/Lily/Juliet s/l and I also hope they stop the same old feuds with Victor and Nick.

 

 

 

 

I love the Dina and Ashley stuff. I liked seeing strong Sharon and Alice but not the story itself. The Cane/Juliet/Lily Story has lost any momentum it had and now I couldn’t care less. The Nick/Victor feud is stupid and makes them both look awful.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

You’re taking things way too personally. I don’t need to block you. But i was responding to you and those who say they like the show as it is now and that’s great all I did was try to suggest posting about what’s great instead of lecturing and a few other posters chimed in to say they like the show too but they implied they seemed afraid to post what they liked so that’s all I was doing was  saying who cares if some of us complain, post anyway about what you like, why is the negativity a deterrent. We all have our likes and dislikes and sometimes you don’t seem respectful of that but it seems my attempt at advice rubbed you wrong and you took it as a lecture (that was far from a lecture) so my mistake for attempting to engage. Sorry to have bothered you. My intentions were very much misunderstood by you. Hope you have a nice day.

 

 

 

I didn’t take anything too personally. You’re the one who claims I have some agenda against DAYS. You say you were “trying to suggest.”  I saw it as a lecture. You weren’t just attempting to engage, so please don’t embarrass yourself by distorting what your intentions were. Besides, perception is reality. I get to decide how your post reads to me.

 

You were forceful and pretty harsh, and I was forceful and pretty harsh in return. Now you’re acting as if I completely misunderstood your entire post.

 

I didn’t.

 

You did not bother me. I’m not crazy about the passive/aggressive stuff in your last posts to me, but you have the right to do it your way — just as I do. I will take to heart that I try to be more respectful of others. I don’t intentionally try to take others down. But if your perception is that I’m disrespectful, I have to evaluate what I’m writing here.

 

 I’m not the awful person you seem to think I am. You probably despise Trump as much as I do.

 

Enjoy your week, and let’s hope Y&R has a solid week, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Dina and I want her to somehow become the new matriarch and take JC’s perch. Marla Adams’s bangs are their own character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

 

I didn’t take anything too personally. You’re the one who claims I have some agenda against DAYS. You say you were “trying to suggest.”  I saw it as a lecture. You weren’t just attempting to engage, so please don’t embarrass yourself by distorting what your intentions were. Besides, perception is reality. I get to decide how your post reads to me.

 

You were forceful and pretty harsh, and I was forceful and pretty harsh in return. Now you’re acting as if I completely misunderstood your entire post.

 

I didn’t.

 

You did not bother me. I’m not crazy about the passive/aggressive stuff in your last posts to me, but you have the right to do it your way — just as I do. I will take to heart that I try to be more respectful of others. I don’t intentionally try to take others down. But if your perception is that I’m disrespectful, I have to evaluate what I’m writing here.

 

 I’m not the awful person you seem to think I am. You probably despise Trump as much as I do.

 

Enjoy your week, and let’s hope Y&R has a solid week, too. 

 

Not everything reads as how we take it on the internet but that's OK. I said what I said and you said what you said. I still have no real issue with you, I do NOT think you are awful, and yes I really was just trying to engage but feel free to take it however you want to (no one likes anyone else pointing out how they are perceived, myself included I suppose, so I understand you took it as a lecture), that's the right you have. I don't always go about it the best of ways and there was nothing I'm "embarrassed" about, not trying to distort or backtrack. I speak my mind, as do you, whether anyone likes it or not. We are who we are. lol. I do apologize because I wasn't necessarily respectful, which is what I was pointing out to you, so that makes me a hypocrite I suppose. LOL.

 

And yep, I do hate the current White House resident as much as you do. THAT'S embarrassment right there. LOL

 

Let's just hope the soaps can improve. I don't have much faith in MY, considering he's been the producer of Sussman's writing, but who knows? Miracles can happen, I suppose.

 

Sorry about the 'agenda' thing towards DAYS. I'm willing to admit I read you wrong on that one. But I still find it highly more entertaining and interesting to me than the current Y&R.

 

Anyway, I'm sure no one else gives a flying [!@#$%^&*] about this, lol, so moving on ...

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did CBS pre-empt (even partially) this past Friday's Y&R? The POP ratings were exceptionally high (like 200K more viewers and almost double the demo under SSM).

 

133    YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, T    POP    7:00 PM    60    0.07    678

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

The Mariah and Tessa stuff DRAGS.

I wish they'd end it!

30 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Did CBS pre-empt (even partially) this past Friday's Y&R? The POP ratings were exceptionally high (like 200K more viewers and almost double the demo under SSM).

 

133    YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, T    POP    7:00 PM    60    0.07    678

The last 5 min or so of the episode was pre-empted.  Dina collapses and then pre-emption. I don't think we missed much because in today's show it starts off with Graham leaving a collapsed Dina in the hotel room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Hunk Chandler Massey said:

I wish they'd end it!

The last 5 min or so of the episode was pre-empted.  Dina collapses and then pre-emption. I don't think we missed much because in today's show it starts off with Graham leaving a collapsed Dina in the hotel room.

 

That's good to know. Perhaps, people like me heard the episode was good and decided to watch/DVR from POP. I refuse to watch the CBS feed after the constant irrelevant interruptions that are better left to cable news.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todays episode was a nice continuation of the Abbott family drama. Loved having PB, BM, and ED all in long meaningful scenes today. 

 

Today it became more clear that Scott and Abby are SSM/MY end game, something I've suspected since Scott went to work for Victor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelGL said:

Todays episode was a nice continuation of the Abbott family drama. Loved having PB, BM, and ED all in long meaningful scenes today. 

 

Today it became more clear that Scott and Abby are SSM/MY end game, something I've suspected since Scott went to work for Victor.

I didn't see anything between them. Just like with their other pairings. Scott needs to be recast because the actor is boring as hell. I am not sure if it is him or the writing or both.

Edited by Hunk Chandler Massey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hunk Chandler Massey The big miss on Scott - not nearly enough time with Lauren - to get his personality showing - more like to give him one because he's very 2-dimensional. While Sharon's return to normal has been helped by Scott, he still feel like a new character - not a legacy character who was at the center of one of Y&R's most iconic stories.

 

Scott could literally not be shown again - without explanation - and have zero impact on the show: Lauren would keep showing up for meetings with Phyllis; Sharon would be involved with her kids and Nick; Abby would be at Newman or navigating the Ashley drama; the sex-ring - yeah that could disappear with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×