Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roman

School Shooting in San Bernardino, Ca.

Recommended Posts

KMan101   
7 hours ago, reallyhateskateonlost said:

The news networks don't report shootings anymore. they only talk about 1 thing.

 

Right? It's unfortunately so common. I'm also sick of hearing about our President every second on every news station and Russia and everything else. Yeah it's all news but you'd almost never know anything else existed.

 

I had no clue about this shooting and I watch news quite a bit.

47 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

This is terrible. I don't even know what to say anymore.

 

Speaking of the one thing that the media reports on these days...has Trump even offered any condolences to the families?

 

He'll make a statement someone else wrote and use his typical words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman   
12 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

This is terrible. I don't even know what to say anymore.

 

Speaking of the one thing that the media reports on these days...has Trump even offered any condolences to the families?


No. too busy playing golf. 

Apparently, the two children that were shot were injured while the shooter was trying to shoot the teacher. both children had to be airlifted to the nearest hosp. the shooter shot and killed the teacher and then killed himself. another question...how did this man just walk into a school with a loaded gun and wasn't stopped? 

Edited by Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless a shooting can be used to blame Muslims or sell guns to "good guys" people like Trump don't care how many people get killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've read the school also had no metal detectors, which honestly, surprised me after the last tragedy at San Bernadino.

 

@marceline ITA but among the keyboard trollers, some have the nerve to still roll out that ridiculous NRA talking point 'only a good guy with a guy stops a bad guy with a gun' to try to advocate for teachers arming themselves.

 

 

25 minutes ago, Roman said:


No. too busy playing golf. 

Apparently, the two children that were shot were injured while the shooter was trying to shoot the teacher. both children had to be airlifted to the nearest hosp. the shooter shot and killed the teacher and then killed himself. another question...how did this man just walk into a school with a loaded gun and wasn't stopped? 

 

I don't want to place blame on a school system that probably didn't have the means ($$$) to install metal detectors on their own but it seems just from the little I've read that there were breakdowns in an already fragile system.

Sadly, the teacher had a restraining order against her estranged husband but many around her claimed not to know this.

It's really tragic if the school's administration was not warned about this man's violent history, as it might have better prepared them to at least keep him out of the school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman   
31 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

From what I've read the school also had no metal detectors, which honestly, surprised me after the last tragedy at San Bernadino.

 

@marceline ITA but among the keyboard trollers, some have the nerve to still roll out that ridiculous NRA talking point 'only a good guy with a guy stops a bad guy with a gun' to try to advocate for teachers arming themselves.

 

 

 

I don't want to place blame on a school system that probably didn't have the means ($$$) to install metal detectors on their own but it seems just from the little I've read that there were breakdowns in an already fragile system.

Sadly, the teacher had a restraining order against her estranged husband but many around her claimed not to know this.

It's really tragic if the school's administration was not warned about this man's violent history, as it might have better prepared them to at least keep him out of the school.


see, I had no idea. Lord. and you know, IA with you. I'm sorry for passing judgement on their system. I don;t know what is going on in their school district and they may not have had the funding needed to have security guards. SGs in a grade school. 

So the husband was crazy to begin with. my goodness. thanks for that info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roman said:


see, I had no idea. Lord. and you know, IA with you. I'm sorry for passing judgement on their system. I don;t know what is going on in their school district and they may not have had the funding needed to have security guards. SGs in a grade school. 

So the husband was crazy to begin with. my goodness. thanks for that info. 

 

I'm really not sure what are the causes of the school lacking a metal detector, TBH. It's just from what I've read about San Bernadino from 2015 to now, the news articles always describe it as a working class district and this particular school is described as having a student body that is majority Latino (one of the victims, the 8 year old whose boy's last name is Martinez, almost guarantees Trump won't be speaking publicly about the tragedy of his life being cut short- why humanize someone who may be from a group that he spent about a year demonizing? The base won't like it, especially after those missile strikes).

 

Of course, had this man with domestic violence already on his record, were denied access to firearms, this tragedy might have been avoided but we can't even speak this without some gun rights advocate screaming about the 2nd Ammendment.

 

Call me cynical but I doubt that Trump will publicly express sympathy for the victims as both appear to be POC. His campaign has spent so much time demonizing Latinos and his administration has been selecting Black women to target (Maxine Waters, April Ryan, Susan Rice), so I doubt he wants to risk humanizing people from those select groups.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, sadly an eight year old boy, who I have yet to hear Trump offer a public condolence to his family.

 

Then again, like I said, the young man's last name is Martinez and I doubt Trump wants to risk humanizing this child's tragedy to his base after he's spent at least a year demonizing Mexicans and Mexican Americans.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×