Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to say - unpopular opinion I'm sure....but Jill's yelling and screaming - changed channel.  I guess I haven't been paying attention, but when has Colin even been on? Or been trustworthy?  Why would she be surprised??  It's just pathetic to watch.  So bad I turned on CNN to see what #45 had to say. 

• Members

It was aweful!  Quite a bit of Sally's stuff is coming off as bad comedy skits. 

Was that really a POV?  A wise person pointed out on Twitter that Cane listens to Lily bitch and moan ad nauseum about Hillary (well over a year consistently) but he can't rant or get her support?  

• Members

This is so cute. I have more fun watching them as friends than I do watching Esther with her own daughter. Jill has very few friends so I like seeing her with someone who she normally wouldn't think of if anybody else would deal with her. I've been enjoying Jill's storyline but the execution of the Colin part was rushed and I feel honestly like an episode was deleted from my DVR. I understand her perspective, but he has none and even from her perspective it's too soon. I needed more development for his motives and more of a build up from her happiness with him and with her business dealings so the fallout would be more powerful. I'm very disappointed. Everybody has had their complaints, but this is the first time I'm truly disappointed with Sally. This was a bad execution of a great idea.

In other parts of Genoa City....

- Sharon's emotional breakdown is very well played. I loved the flashbacks of her thinking of the bad things she's done, I loved her lashing out at Nikki, the tough moment with Victor and the scenes with Faith. I feel like it's very balanced and it's making me love Sharon again. I haven't been this invested in over ten years. Right now they've succeeded in making me root for Sharon and want her to be happy and be loved, which is important in a soap.

- Abby as Victor's protege is...unique. I like the idea but they need more investment in Abby to make it work. She is a dayplayer. She needs friends and a love interest. Newman also needs more extras or people for her to interact with. It feels so hallow there these days. Why doesn't anybody work at Newman anymore? 

- Ravi continues to be my soap crush. I don't want a damn makeover or anything because he is so cute, unique and sexy as is. He is everything. Has chemistry with Gloria, Jack, Ashley and Phyllis. I want Phyllis to be his best friend. I just can't say enough positive about him. He is the future leading man of Y&R if they're smart. He brings good comedy and I love when he gets serious which is when the sex appeal comes in. They need to just keep going and INVEST. Right now the writers need to be crafting how to bring his family on. By the end of the year I want him in a relationship and at least one family member to join him.

Archived