Michael Fairman's interview with Y&R actress

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What does it say about me that I basically skimmed the stuff about her and Travis (all this alleged chemistry and the dude still split

Please register in order to view this content

) and am more interested in the actor who plays Reed.

He plays the piano too? I'm normally not in favor of a bunch of singing characters but if done well, they can incorporate Tristan's musical talents in the way they do Nikki, occasionally. I can see Reed and Grandma Nikki bonding at the piano and then just off-handedly mentioning that his Dad made him take lessons and he'd shift back and forth between guitar and piano because he got bored easily.

Someone in this thread mentioned bringing back the character of Ana Hamilton. Maybe if Ana studies music also (remember she went to some exclusive conservatory)  that could be a possibility down the road.

• Members

Nooo, let's not go that far!

I meant occasionally, like Nikki, every now and then, who we see at the piano.

If, and that's highly debateable but if they could do a high level storyline like VR's ballet storyline, I would be all for a more involved incorporation of his musical talents but I'd rather leave the Danny Romalotti level musical histrionics in the 1980s. For Reed, it could be a nice character add-on, like Dru with ballet, but I don't want it eating the show.

ETA. You know what? Looking at that picture of JT and AH, I can't help but wonder how he would play someone like Nick Newman. I think he could've done a pretty decent job, a bit more nuanced (maybe) than JM.

• Members

Am I the only one, that has wished Y&R has gone back to the music stuff, like (Danny/Lauren/Traci in the 80's) for years now???

Unfortunately the budget isn't as high, but I'm looking forward to them hopefully going that direction with Reed.

• Members

@Soapsuds LOL.

You just had to go there, didn't you?

You know what, back then, it didn't bother me (I was a kid who could tolerate just about anything on TV) and it was who the character was but it was cheesy to have a bunch of Y&R characters out on stage in spiky and feathered hair and irridescent boxy clothes singing- Lauren and her archrival Traci singing a duet? M'kay)

Still, no Y&R Idol for me in 2017, please.

• Members

It used to take an entire week to film Danny's concerts that's why so much of the cast began to join him onstage after a couple of years.

Even a few years back when Neil had Indigo Y&R was inviting real life musicians to cameo.

But in the current "one take" era you're right that the best Reed will probably get is a couple of live acoustic performances.

• Members

It's kind of a shame because even starting back a few years when they first brought Fen on, and I heard Max Ehrich was a musician, I was hoping that one day when they got it together they would incorporate the music stuff back to the show, using maybe Fen as the anchor and "Danny" of the group, and a couple of the younger cast, specifically the girls in the "Lauren" and "Traci" roles.....but it doesn't seem like we will quite get a story like that with Reed....i was even hoping somehow they'd get Danny  involved in the newest music stuff, like he manages the band or something.

haha I actually really like the intro to this song...though the actual song itself is a lot to be desired...

gah, I miss this.....I know we will never get flashy stuff like this on the show again, but the memories are precious! 

• Members

Wasn't Danny Romalotti already a committed musician when he first arrived in Genoa City?

So far, we know that Reed is interested in music but his main story is reconnecting with his Mother and getting his bearings in GC.  Whereas music was central to Danny Romalotti's life, I think it should be secondary, at the most while developing Reed's character. JMO though.

And yes, I hope that Y&R gets ME back in some capacity, even if for brief story archs. He is talented, I've heard him sing but more important is, I want Fenn to be chem-tested with Mariah, mainly out of curiosity but I think they could be very interesting together. 

Archived