Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not entirely convinced this whole Hilary vs Mariah thing won't get wrapped up soon enough. In fact, I hope it does. Don't forget this is a PRATT story and, with the baby switch quickly wrapped up, there's not entirely a lot more going on they can play. I just hope they use it until they can launch new stories (quickly), that they respect the characters involved, and move on to bigger and better things.

😘😘

• Members

This is what I'm complaining about.

And I do wonder if this situation was reversed with Hilary being pushed to stardom as Mariah was being written terribly, if this story would still be great, acceptable, and loved. 

I admit that I have my doubts. 

They are 

Please register in order to view this content

What does that tell you? 

Plus I think Hilary vs mariah has alot of buzz. They may revamp it but it's not going anywhere. I think they  plan to build the under 30 set around them. JMO  

• Members

Yeah, I'm not even engaging with this. I can like Hillary a lot and not have to tear down Camryn Grimes - who this show's slept on for the last few years while unable to accept that she is the strongest young female they have alongside Morgan - to do it.

If they want to do a rivalry with the two strongest young women on the show I am all for it. I frankly don't care very much about Devon and Hillary is consistently the only thing that's made him interesting for years. If they want to develop that couple go ahead, if they want to give them drama that does not involve his fuckin' father, or her being in a coma or having some sort of weird amnesia and wanting to fück Neil again, if they want to keep giving Hillary the kind of agency she used to have, then go ahead. I don't see evidence that they intend to burn Hillary at the stake. I'm gonna wait. and. see.

• Members

I'm not talking about your posts re: Grimes. There's a whole lot going on in here.

And this show has been on the queen bitch track with Hillary for a while, this didn't happen overnight. The question is where it goes from here, and I don't see evidence the new team intends to grind her into the dust.

Archived