Survey time for B&B on CBS Daytime

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I put down as my two favorite characters …Rick and Caroline. I said I want to see less of Liam, Wyatt, Steffy, Quinn and Dollar Bill. 

How can they get me to watch or enjoy the show more?

I said give Rick a storyline…quit repeating the same stories with the same characters….give us fresh new stories with other characters featured.  More of Mama and Papa Avant ..

As for the current pairings on the show….I gave them all a poor ratings…..LOL

Oh and which character do I dislike the most I put down Liam of course…LOL

• Members

I remember I did Y&R's too and offered some very detailed suggestions on storylines and I remember @ajsp35801 telling me that they'd probably use a few things but change it around or give the stories to all the wrong characters and in at least one instance, I think that is exactly what they did!

If you're going to use an idea, at least follow the directions and follow it to its logical end.

• Members

Well I know that they aren't gonna use ideas from the surveys b/c it's against the law. Writers aren't allowed to take audience/outside suggestions with the potential of them being sued, but most of us want them to use our ideas! 

I gave a detailed survey to Y&R too and never saw any changes. That's why I quit watching and have been happy since. 

• Members

After watching the show for months, I think they used my idea from that survey on Y&R too. I explained that instead of casting new characters to give story to newmans and Abbots, why don't they just put Winters in story with them. And I'll be damned if I didn't sit through that character destroying mess with Hilary driving an Abbot/Winters story. Ruined my Hevon pairing (I like them, sue me, which was something they knew too) in the damn process. I feel like I've been trolled. 

But as I told you, I knew the risk i was taking from past history.  I was had again. Same story idea. Intentionally poor execution. 

Well I don't know how true this is. I've heard complaints that shows have taken stories written in for one character and given it plot point for plot point to another. 

• Members

Technically, they are not going to use ideas in a way that would be recognizable but it would be impossible to state with any degree of certainty whether or not they are influenced by ideas presented on messageboards and surveys. Also, there really are no completely new ideas out there. 

I graduated from a M.F.A. writing program and we had a Screenplay bank where students could submit loglines and screenplays ostensibly for feedback and analysis. Students used to joke that it was a bank that was sure to get robbed i.e. ideas will be stolen, time and again. Although I don't remember any concrete instance in which someone actually had ideas stolen from the Screenplay bank yet it seemed to be a running joke.

I knew of a completely unrelated case in which a fellow student who told me that she just saw a preview of a sci-fi film that was shockingly similar to something she had been working on but this being sci-fi, she was convinced it was a coincidence. I myself once worked on a script, laid it aside and then a year or two later, see a film that had some elements that were similar. Not the same script, mind you but similar enough to make me put mine on indefinite pause. 

What I wished Y&R, Sony, P&G had done was have dedicated Writers and Directors programs (like networks do with their Primetime outfit) where prospective writers can submit scripts, resume, bio to evaluate their talent and prospective directors can submit reels and C.V.  Daytime didn't want to let any new blood with new ideas into the circle, instead content to use the same small circle of 'talent' that only go from one show to the next after they flop.  I think this is one of the biggest reasons why daytime is in the position it is now in. 

• Members

^^^I believe you that they can't use the idea fully. But I do think they draw inspiration from them.

I think we have all seen viewer nicknames and "inside jokes" from message boards/social media show up onscreen. Characters often times parrot back the viewers thoughts about a character or story.

Archived