Rio Olympics

Soapsuds

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lochte is losing endorsements left and right starting with Speedo.

In just about the most dispiriting Olympic news that I've heard in years, I read that the Rio Olympic committee actually took funds away from the Paralympic Games budget to make up for a shortfall in these Rio Games that just ended, that apparently went over budget.  Also, the Paralympic Games in Rio is not expected to sell many tickets or get much media coverage. I guess that's probably why the Rio committee felt they could take money from the Paralympics budget without much backlash.:(

• Members

Can you imagine running a marathon and not being supplied with water to drink? That's what happened to one Indian athlete who ran in the Rio Olympics marathon. OP Jaisha came in 89th and had to be taken to hospital after collapsing after she crossed the finish line. The Athletics Federation of India claims that they were given no instructions by the athletes or coaches to provide refreshment at waterstations and they believe that it was the responsibility of the venue. OP Jaisha says that each participating country not only set up its own waterstations along the route, each country was responsible for sending an official to be present at each country's waterstation and India had none present.

CqeJ4LRUIAA1FNJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived