Scott Bryce tribute to Ed Bryce

• Members

I don't know whether you've seen this but I only just encountered this video at random while searching for some new ATWT and GL uploads. Even though Ed Bryce's time on GL was years before my time  (i.e. when I started watching GL), I think it's pretty safe to assume that everyone knows the integral role Ed Bryce played on GL, in addition to his resume in theater and the early days of TV.  

It was interesting to see that Scott Bryce (Craig, ATWT) produced this video, which was only uploaded about a year ago, though his father died in 1999.  Just on a purely superficial note, Scott has his Mother's eyes.:wub:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have long admired the late Mr. Bryce.   I believe that he combined a successful acting career with his theological beliefs.  He may have, been, in face, an ordained minister.

I have long had this question about Mr. Bryce.   In the early 1960s he left The Guiding Light.   Eugene Smith (and possibly other actors) began playing Bill Bauer.  Ed Bryce later returned to the role.

Why did Mr. Bryce leave the show?   Was he simply tired of it and wanted to try other things?    Was he out due to illness?    Was he touring the country appearing in a play?   Or was his New York work schedule too much for him to appear on the show?    Was his departure planned all along for a return, or did the show coax him back?

• Members

Thank you very much for finding/posting this. That scene with Bill and Bert was a new one to me - it was wonderful. Ed and Charita really did have a great chemistry. I also love that all-too-brief scene from 1978 with he and a drunken Ed (Mart Hulswit). I wish he would have been willing to stay with the show, I think the Dobsons would have eventually found a way to redeem Bill and give him the opportunity to try to right the wrongs he had with Bert, Ed, and Mike.

Archived