Days Promo - Days Vilians are Ruthless, Devious and Downright Evil

• Members

It's not so much the budget that makes Stefano & Andre both seem like "really???" villains. It's the fact that the older generation of this family should have been phased out years ago. The people of Salem have beat the chit out of each other to the point of attempted murder for far less than what Stefano has done to them. It's comical in a really bad way that Stefano is still alive. Andre has almost always been a pathetic cartoon. He's an older Ben.

Hopefully they're bringing in Vincent as the new super-villain. He's a Kiriakis but is supposed to hate Victor, right? The best way to start out that is to reveal the Dimera's involvement in Bo's kidnapping was minimal at best and to reveal his character is the real mind/face behind it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think budget plays a huge role in over-the-top villains on DAYS as scenery and stunts play a huge role in the climax of their stories. Where would they do them at? Town Square? That Dollar Tree park/forest they use? I do agree with all the other points you made though. 

I hope that if Vincent is being brought on to be the new town pariah that he has shades of gray to him like Roger Thorpe, John Dixon, and Alan Spaulding had to them. It's time to retire mustache-twirlers in daytime. 

• Members

Okay, five to seven years ago, I would have loathed a campy mind control story. However, it's been so dreadfully boring --- !@#$%^&*] that elephant, it's what I think about when I think of Days in 2015 --- that I might give them a pass for it now. They will probably do a boring job, though. I was excited about Reboot #10,002, and then my viewing got sidelined. I am still stuck in September, and since October, everything I've read has discouraged me from catching up.

• Members

I always felt there was a major schism in the character from EJ Wells to EJ DiMera. He was basically a Disney prince personified his first few months on the show, and then they transitioned him to something more along the line of Kristen from 2007 onward, which I think Days was badly in need of. Days often works best when they have at least one bad character intersecting in different storylines. I liked that EJ was wreaking havoc on Salem in early2007, as I felt it made the show leagues more interesting. 

I always consider EJ to be on the same moral scale as Sami. I don't see how one can be seen as "anti-heroine" or "morally grey", while the other one is seen as fully evil, when they are more or less the same characters with the same motivations. They tried their hardest at times to make EJ seem more evil by comparison, but I think it always leveled out, EJ's most heinous actions -- Sydney's fake death/kidnapping were often balanced out by equally cruel and disgusting actions like Sami's attempted homicide in cold blood, or her not telling EJ about Grace/Syndey being his daughter in the first place.

They needed EJ to be darker, to try and sell Sami as a viable heroine, and it never worked. I always have to laugh at the Christmas storyline where EJ wouldn't let Grandma Caroline hug her grand children, it was just so heavy handed, and so humorous it read like a complete and utter joke. 

He was a powerful dramatic/romantic lead any way you sliced it. So I can see why they wanted to keep him at whatever cost. He was too valuable for Days not to take notice. 

• Members

EJ was a missed opportunity. Another in a long line of DAYS' missed opportunities. I'm ultimately glad he was shot and killed like he was nothing.

I'm so annoyed at them pandering to Sweeney and the EJami fanbase with her chasing his ghost and this ridiculous money [!@#$%^&*]. They will never ever be in the leagues of the other super couples. Sami and Lucas were the supercouple and they made the biggest mistake sidlining Dattilo and Lucas. I have no problems with James Scott or the idea of EJ, but the execution was ultimately terrible and he ate up so much airtime I was beyond excited when he left the show.

• Members

I never considered Datilllo to be leading man material, and out of all of Sami's love interests I pretty much consider him to be the least desirable of all. They were much better friends and co-parents then they ever were a couple. I think the premises of Ejami, Saustin, Safe and Bremi were all more stronger partnerships then Lumi ever was, and seeing them go threw Lumi 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 instead of having both move on seemed so incredibly tedious, as they pretty much just had Lucas turn into  Austin anyway while rehashing the same issues she already went through with her last turn with him. 

Ultimately EJ is the only character who really knows and understands who Sami truly is, and as so he is the natural evolution to her character.

So it makes sense to me that losing him would destroy apart of who she is, as it seems no man was ever truly able to accept her, warts and all like he did. EJ truly loved every part of her, and wanted her no matter what she did or didn't do. 

• Members

I see Datillo as a leading man but I didn't care for Lumi. Sami never loved Lucas like that. In her mind, Austin was her true love but I'd personally say that Brandon was Sami's true love b/c she accepted her (at least in the beginning). Lucas (along with Mike) should be the Horton men leading the show. Dare I say it but these two should be a modern version of Bill and Mickey--two brothers with a tumultuous history with the same women (i.e. Carrie). At least that what I'd do....

That aside and as I've said before, EJ should've been modeled after Roger Thorpe, Alan Spaulding, or John Dixon--a villain but with some redeeming qualities. For the longest, he didn't have him. I found him to be mustache-twirling and over the top at times. Yeah, he fit the Dimera mold in the meantime but his acts towards Sami could not be washed away (at least for me). 

Archived