August 17-21, 2015: GH Bleeding Out; New Low For 3rd Straight Week in W18-49 Viewers

Toups

It's embarrassing that ABC Daytime hasn't done anything.  They have smaller balls than Frank and that's saying something!  Fire Frank already!  Hire some new people! Otherwise, cancel GH all together.  Everyone knows this show is bad.

I think ABCD has been so focused on The View that they just have NFTG about GH.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toops is rising to the challenge of clever subject titles. 

I am not surprised ratings continue to fall.   They will continue to drop as long as the show centers on characters the audience rejected years ago.  (Jason and his ladies, Sonny and Carly).   Ratings went up when they all got sidelined, ratings started to fall when they all came roaring back.    It seems so simple.  Outside of their hardcore fans--which appear to be about 2 million--no one wants to see these characters.   If they did they would be watching.

The new characters also are a failure, as well as the actors who play them.   The show came up with a murder mystery starring an army of newbies and that features no one trying to solve the case.  There isn't a single clue to think about.   The show enjoyed  success with Robin, Faison, and the OTT spy and vampire stuff a couple of years back.   That is what they should have stuck with.   If they stick with the mob, Billy Miller, Sam and Liz, and an army of Corinthoses, the ratings will continue to fall. 

The trio never drove the numbers to this level. This is all newbies, Scummy skating again, lackluster characters, no stories, etc. Craptini's GH was always horrible but the vets hid the rotgut. Now, there are no vets and the schlock is exposed. Craptini killed off important characters again as they shoved their creations at the viewers.  I think we know how well that's going. 

Amen! And the upcoming Corinthos centered stories are gonna turn even more people off. Why does this show insist on bring on the worst actors and calling them faves and centering on the worst characters?

I'll just say this.  I tuned in to General Hospital today...I've seen 4 or 5 shows of it in my life... and I've never seen so many bad wigs and the lighting was god awful.  So was the writing.  I honestly say, I'm so sorry because you haven't even had bad budget cuts yet.  You laughed and made fun of Guiding Light when they went to hand held cameras to survive the budget cuts....it's coming GH.  My condolences.  And I don't know why the Days fans are piping up and gloating about "beating" GH. You're done as well....the only thing you have is that Sony MIGHT be on your side.  Dizzy/ABC WILL cut.   Both of your demos are so far below where shows are canceled.  There is no way to spin these ratings as good or acceptable.

I watched some of GL at the end and it was never as bad as current GH. They still had stoires and couples at least. 

I'll just say this.  I tuned in to General Hospital today...I've seen 4 or 5 shows of it in my life... and I've never seen so many bad wigs and the lighting was god awful.  So was the writing.  I honestly say, I'm so sorry because you haven't even had bad budget cuts yet.  You laughed and made fun of Guiding Light when they went to hand held cameras to survive the budget cuts....it's coming GH.  My condolences.  And I don't know why the Days fans are piping up and gloating about "beating" GH. You're done as well....the only thing you have is that Sony MIGHT be on your side.  Dizzy/ABC WILL cut.   Both of your demos are so far below where shows are canceled.  There is no way to spin these ratings as good or acceptable.

Well, I do think it's a reverse race to see which of the two will go first. That said, it seems those behind-the-scenes at DAYS are hell-bent on getting a renewal. And they have allies at NBC, too. NBC's tent poles are The Today Show, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and Days of Our Lives. If they're making even a tiny profit, it's a good thing.

LOL Toups, I wondered what other ways you'd find to say the same things and you didn't disappoint. :lol:

At this point, will the show even manage to make it to Jean and Shelly's material? LMAO!

I feel sorry for GH, the soap. It didn't deserve this. People pretended to love it and adore it but, at some point, enough was going to be enough.

It's this Silas murder story nobody cares about it and these awful Nina pimping galore. Bring back GH to core characters and better smarter writing. Jelly have their work cut on for them but they can pull it together. They have to bring back Robin and launch a true GH story the fans will want to watch.

I agree that probably only another big Robin centered adventure starring Anna and Robert will bring back ratings.   People can kid themselves and deny it all they want, but the proof is in the pudding:  people tuned in for that stuff.  They tuned out the moment the show brought back Jason and the mob.   And nobody but nobody is interested in Sam, Liz and Alexis or their love lives.  Only the faithful and they are not enough.

As a Liz fan (many I've posted with for well over a decade) like myself isn't interested in any story she has with St. Sam and her husband we already know she'll be written like cah cah in this triangle that is why I (and many of her fans have tuned out it seems) its not so much as Liz's love life its this triangle that sucks you're right few seem to be interested in this horrible storyline for her...I know I tuned out as soon as they stuck her back in JaSam hell again. Been there done that.   

'

Trying to save GH the old-fashioned way -- taking weeks and months to turn it around -- is the wrong path for this disaster.

GH is in such horrible, rotten shape that the execs and writers need to just cut off the horrendous. Just stop the stories in their track and pretend they don't exist. Let the word get out -- at least it'll stir up interest, even if talk is negative.

Boards will blow up and people will complain, but at least they'll be talking.

Cut characters mid-story. Do you really care if some characters' stories are hacked off and the characters are never talked about again? I don't want to see a 4 month sendoff of a crap character and a crap s/l.

RE-DO that goddamn pathetic opening. Return to the "Faces in the Heart" theme and go for a full-blown open. People will check it out. So you added 30 seconds to the open? Take it from the rotten story and dialogue we've been getting for 2 years +.

Archived