Is another (former) AMC actress joining DAYS?

• Members

LOL

Maybe you have a point. AH is so bad that anything would be better than her. But in terms of being able to carry what Victoria is/is supposed to be? Hmmm.

Suggesting AM for Victoria is akin to suggesting Alderson for Hope on B&B. But to each their own! raspberry.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As awful as the show was at that point, things like self-destructive Kendall slapping the crap out of Dixie on live TV - that was Kendall, and while the acting was a little rough, I think she was more than fine (I guess it helps that I've never thought SMG was all that good of an actress either).

As for Victoria on Y&R - I would be fine waving goodbye to Amelia, but with or without her, Victoria is dead. Y&R/Sony have no use for strong, complex women. Sometimes I almost wish they would give in to fan fantasies and cast Robin Christopher or Sarah Brown or what have you, so it could be laid out once and for all.

• Members

I'm one of those who vowed not to like AM due to my SMG as Kendall love.

After seeing her first scene with Erica I couldn't help but like her. She looked so much like Erica/Susan and the slap scene was on point. I was still part-time watching AMC at this point. Later, there were some Emmy bait scenes that Lucci was overacting and Minshew was keeping it cool which I appreciated. Loved the dynamics with Ryan and Chris and Greenlee. She unapologetically became my favorite Kendall during the Michael Cambias story. Enjoyed her acting, enjoyed the mostly underdog writing. She had anti-heroine (bad girl with a good heart that pretty much keeps on losing at winning) down on point. Thought she was a chemistry machine. In general, thought she was just very charismatic onscreen.

Her downfall in writing came about after year or so with Zach. The writing for them as a couple was bad and that bled into their characters. She became extremely weak and he became extremely arrogant. Too many peril and crying stories. They were also so totally shoehorned with Ryan which didn't help. Kendall was obnoxious from pretty much 2007 on, for the most part, but so were most of the characters. She was part of a group that was enormously front-burner, so it was more evident with this group. McTavish wasn't great by any means but the writers after her did an even worst job with almost everything on the show.

She's IMO a good get for any show although she's not as range-worthy as some other actresses. She has a type that she plays very well, outside of that type can be hit/miss.

• Members

AM is a good actress but gawd did they put her on every second of every show….I hated anything Fusion with the ladies….Greenlee was another one….any wonder viewership went down…add Cameron Mathison….dear lawd…..it was like fans were glad to see him back and then he was on 24/7….talk about chewing scenes…..

And writers to this day continue to shove their favorites in our face…have they not learned that never works...

• Members

I thought the Fusion stuff had potential had they continue to have Adam/Enchantment rival them AND have tension between Greenlee and Kendall within the workplace. Making Greenlee and Kendall become best friends killed this show, IMO. After all the heinous things Greenlee did to Bianca, Kendall should've never been her friend. NEVER.

Kendall and Greenlee should've been this generations Brooke and Erica--frenemies. They should've competed for men and jobs. Nothing more. Kendall considering Greenlee as her sister use to make me sick. Their love fest was disgusting.

• Members
That ugly no talent bitch isn't even worth my time! Thank God I gave up Days because I doubt I could stand listening to her yodel, scream and fake cry with no tears over the Orange dick-pop they'll surely try to pair her with.

And yes, her hair looks terrible. The last thing she needed was a hairstyle that emphasizes how long her face is and how big her head is.

But what can you expect? The ostrich farm must not have an Aveda salon.

wildlife-ostrich_1707999i.jpg

• Members

Frons's Sex and the City mandate ruined Fusion, IMO. If it was done in classic Agnes style, it could have been an awesome part of the show. There were tons of promise in the beginning when it was an ensemble, and they were cooking up stuff in Kendall's kitchen, but it became more and more of a background to Greenlee and Kendall's nonsense with no one really doing any work but every young woman on the show hopping on the payroll.

Archived