B&B Promo: "May the best woman win"

• Members

I always figured that Maya is around the same age as Rick and he once had a son thats older than Hope, whom is about Nicole's age or slightly older. I really dont think you should bring the actor's real ages into this bc its a soap and we know that rarely counts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh boy, that's right. Rick's "son" would be 15-16 already, and is older than Hope! Yikes!

That's crazy. And then you have Bridget who's been married 1,000 times to Nick, and also battled romantic triangles with her aunts who seem to get younger with each passing year. The ages are so screwy, it's no wonder Bridget's out of the picture.

Meanwhile, my history is fuzzy with B&B from the mid 2000's to about 2012, but I just read in SOD that there's another biological son of Brooke's somewhere? A child that Nick and Taylor (good grief, people forget what a ho she is too) were having, but it was Brooke's embryo implanted? Who has that child?

• Members

Jack Marone. Taylor carried him thinking he was going to be her son via Nick and an egg donor, only to find out that there was a lab mixup and Brooke's eggs were used instead. Jack left town with Nick a few years ago.

Taylor finding out that Brooke's eggs were used is hands down one of the best scenes. LOL....talk about over the top. I loved it

Taylor actually gave him up so that Brooke could raise him as his mother. Unfortunately that never happened. Brooke was with him at his birthday party a month after that scene and it was the last time she was seen with him onscreen. Jack was seen alot with Nick (and later Bridge) so its not like he was in the background. The show just never even tried to pretend as if there was a relationship between Brooke and Jack off screen

• Members

Wow, that's so weird. Thanks for posting!

You just gotta love it when the writers invest in a story about a child, and then totally ignore it because it doesn't gel with their current storytelling. Just like Y&R/B&B's Lauren with Scotty for so many years. I'm sure he'll pop up eventually when we least expect it. Along with Jessica Forrester.

• Members

thats what happens when you walk into something without knowing the history. Taylor fought for Jack. She raised him for months after he was born and knew the truth. It wasnt a case of her not wanting him bc Brooke was the bio mother. She was an alcoholic and started drinking again and that caused her to lose custody. She wasnt bonding with Jack bc she was a mess and it wasnt doing him any good. Her finally letting go and allowing Brooke to be his mother was supposd to be a selfless act on her part and it looked like something that would bond the women but in typical Bell fashion, it was all for nothing. They were both fighting over Ridge within 2 months and neither was checking for that baby

I hated that the show even did that story but hated even more how quickly it was all dropped. Nick and Brooke were supposed to co-parent Jack together and Taylor was supposed to remain in his life. Bell didnt follow up on any of that. I remember randomly a few years later, Taylor showed up at Jackie M to drop off medical papers for Jack, which made no sense considering she hadnt been raising him since he was an infant

Im pretty sure Jack when SORASed, will come to town with mommy issues and want to get revenge on Brooke for not being there for him

• Members

Agreed. I just never got sense that Maya was supposed to be older than 30, but I suppose that's never been established. If Nicole was a teen, I wouldn't have overthought it, but in college makes it a stretch. However, it's the only logical conclusion to tie - Bill's threat, Nicole's purpose and the sudden Usher reference. I guess the whole Bill threatening Maya is kind of weird - it's not like with Maya's past anyone would be surprised or shocked that something like this happened. I'd guess it would be a case of Maya protecting Nicole (and that could be interesting). I'm all for more KM story. She has really risen now that she has been given a substantive storyline. We know what JY can do, got some nice glimpse of LG's potential, but KM has been the real surprise here.

And this is what's disappointing about thrusting, pun intended, Brooke back to the forefront. I will admit, I'd do relish LG/KKL scenes, they have some real potential. I just want ONE scene with $B looking at them both in disbelief - "You're fighting over the stupid DRESSMAKER? What's wrong with you women?!!"

• Members

Yeah, I don't see the problem with Brooke being dragged into this. I mean, it was long overdue. We were all waiting for her reactions. Now she's gonna have a big confrontation with Caroline 2.0. So what? We were expecting that. Some were even anticipating it. If it hadn't taken place, we would complain about that also. I know people fear it will become all about Brooke, and I get that. I just don't think she'll be featured in this storyline that heavily. It's just a catalyst for her to fall off the wagon.

Archived