Billy Miller Interview

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DURING!

Seriously I always want to kick myself once I start reading these interviews.

Fairman..."You have your own distinctive acting style..."

SMIRKING

Halfway through I was ready to vomit.

He thought he replaced David Tom. What about the other two recasts?

I have no real problem w/Miller on GH besides his screentime(Frank's Shiny New Toy), but listening to him while Fairman sucks up to Millermade me quit!

He's got a in his mouth!ph34r.png

• Members

soapsuds I only went back to Failman's site because of your Constance Towers quote. I hope you're happy.

Well, it could have been worse.

So he pretty much confirms, like I thought, that he isn't even bothering to play a character. It's mostly Chompers' Greatest Hits. Hey, it gets him the money while he's off trying to find better work, so good for him, but it's a reminder that none of this has anything to do with Jason or history or what have you.

Thank goodness for Constance Towers. Reminds me of when Ben Jorgensen said that Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays told him to get speech lessons. The vets care, even if "Cartini" only care that he has a hot ass and used to be on Y&R.

Did someone tell him he directly replaced David Tom? Who? Why?

At least he tried to be gracious about being replaced. Amelia Heinle did not have the same tact.

Speaking of Billy Abbott, the way you interpreted that character was a soap classic. You have become so beloved by the fans of daytime, and in particular, the women in the audience love you!

tumblr_n4q79apDF61qbjx58o5_250.gif

Fun With Fairman:

Do you, as a wildly popular star of television and film and cast member of cast memorable General Hospital, the hottest show of daytime's hottest shows according to many, mind if I eat your ass? You don't? You truly are a legendary wonderful legend of daytime soap opera new golden age.

• Members

I got kicked off twice and had to rewrite, so the original would have been even meaner...I guess it's for the best....

I don't think Miller's the worst ever, I'm just sick of the hype. It's painfully obvious these "journalists" are just tooting their own horns and don't want to ever give up on what they think they created, especially since some of their favorite pets, like Muhney, imploded.

• Members

I think he's doing a pretty good job, but he definitely seems baffled by the seat-of-their-pants writing. Overhype is definitely a thing, but if an actor shows up and delivers regardless of hype I rate 'em for it, and I think he really has. He's given me a different and much more palatable and human version of Jason so far. He's also playing an amnesiac, so there's only so much he can do with the history. It's on the page and he plays that, including the guy's confused, fractured memories. And he plays the action and as he says, "muscle memory" - he just does it as something other than an !@#$%^&*] killer cyborg.

This says it all on the many stories about Kelly Monaco over the years:

• Members

He basically says he's playing three or four different characters, he's playing "Jake," etc. So it just seems like winging it to me. That's fine, it's what I thought he was doing, but it just reinforces to me that the whole thing is stunt casting that brings back a character who, IMO, should have been rested for good, and makes him a generic excuse for Miller to freeball.

Archived