Grease - The Live Musical

KMan101

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, NBC is planning a third, either Music Man or The Wiz, and then Fox with Grease.

I'm not really against them but I do think people are starting to lose interest. I don't see Grease getting big numbers at all.

NBC tried blaming "lack of star power" for their Peter Pan ratings but yeah, no ...

Why does Julianne make you sick? LOL. I get the impression she's a fake bitch, but that's just me ... lol

• Members

As a musical fan, I'm happy to see them make a comeback on TV just as they've made a comeback on film. I just wish the TV versions either had higher production values or were replaced by taped versions of actual theatrical performances a la PBS.

I'm kind of thrilled by the idea of a new version of The Wiz but I'd prefer a new filmed version. I adore the 70s classic but there's SO much wrong with it.

• Members

The Wiz isn't considered a classic by too many people. It was a critical and commercial flop, and the terrible miscasting of Diana Ross as AARP Dorothy basically ended her career as an actress. And now that I think about it, I think it sort of killed black cinema for a good ten years, The 1970s had a bunch of movies starring black actors but after The Wiz it becomes hard to name them.

Anyway, Grease? I imagine they will get Nick Jonas. They could maybe hire an actor from Glee but they're really not big enough stars for this sort of thing.

Archived