Suicide: Its the worst death to deal with!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

On September 15th, my uncle took a shotgun and shot himself in his yard. He had no financial problems, had a wife who loved him to death, had a huge family including 3 grandchildren that he adored and two very successful sons. He was suffering from no medical conditions and up until 3 days before his death, he seemed like he was on top of the world. I know because I had dinner with their family, so you can imagine how difficult and unbelivable it was to recieve a phonecall from my parents saying he had killed himself.

When I was at dinner he was the same happy-go-lucky always joking uncle that he had always been while I was growing up, so I don't understand what possessed him to do what he did, especially to his wife, children and grandchildren who will ALWAYS be asking themselves why and what maybe they did to cause this.

The worst part is he did it at his house (they live sorta in a very rural country type of place) where he knew his wife could potentially found him. Once the family realised he was missing, my cousin went to their house to be with my aunt who was frantic, he then noticed my uncles truck was home and walked towards it and saw his own dad on the grass with no face. I just don't understand how a person can do that to their family, couldn't he had driven himself off a cliff to make it look like an accident, i mean it would have been so much easier for his family to deal with, all my aunt does is sit on the couch, ruined and in tears shaking her head all day long, this was a extremly vibrant women who had so much life, now she is ruined and almost completely dead inside.

I loved my uncle and miss him and will never understand, but I am also SO mad that he has ruined this part of my family and has robbed them of the rest of their lives.

Anyone else expierience a death like this, how do you get over something like this.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a friend of the family had this sadistic evil father that killed himself, it was horrible.

There's a ton of backstory, basically he was forced to move to Canada from Germany by his wife's father. Hated it. The marriage deteriated to the point where he basically lived in the basement.

So, the guy, the father was supposed to drive him to work that morning. He like told him he'd meet him in the garage, when he heard him jump in the shower ... he shot himself in the head. So he's be found by his son when he came to the garage for his ride.

Nasty mother f*ker!

• Members

My deepest sympathy to you and your family Mitch. I went through this in the mid 70's with a 21 year old stepson that I loved dearly, but he had messed up his life and thought suicide was the only way out. I actually talked him out of it twice and he brought me his gun....but found another one in a few weeks. I do have some beautiful letters that I will always treasure.

• Members

Mitch, I dont know what to say. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. My aunts and uncles have told me that my grandfather committed suicide after my grandmother died. My dad has always said that he had a heart attack, he has never told me any different. I dont feel comfortable asking my dad about it, because I think he doesnt want me to see my grandfather in a negative light.

I'm sure its an especially terrible shock to everyone because he seemed happy and that he did it in such an open mannor. Have the police done any investigations of foul play?

• Members

Very sorry to hear about your uncle Mitch...you and your family and friends are in the thoughts and prayers of all of us. I know how it can feel when someone you know commits suicide. About 15 years ago, I had a great aunt who lived in Louisville (Kentucky) and one day drove her car up onto a bridge over the Ohio River, folded up her jacket in the back seat, and then jumped off the bridge into the river and killed herself. And then just a few years ago, my great uncle (her husband) shot and killed himself after suffering from cancer and being in a lot of pain. I was not close to either one of them, but it was still hard to deal with. So I know what you're going through man. Hang in there; we're pullin' for ya. And take care of yourself. And always remember that we are all here if you need to talk. Take care.

• Members

They have done some investigations but it all adds up to a suicide. He had no known enemies, he had gun powder residue on his hands and arms, he had a suicide note (and acknowledged that he was recieving phone calls on his cell phone all morning from friends and family who were looking for him).

Still extremly baffling to me. In a way I kinda wish it was foul play, it would be easier to swallow than this.

• Members

Mitch so sorry to hear that. My condolences and deepest sympathy to you and your family.

There was this kid in my highschool who commited suicide because people used to make fun of his acne/weight. One day he got fed up and went home to his basement and hung himself. It was all over the papers/news. And those people who made fun of him must've felt like immature pieces of [!@#$%^&*], I didn't even believe there fake tears or words when I heard this. It was a couple years back.

Archived