DAYS: New character arriving in November...first major Asian role in "Days" history

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if I'd call this Days' "first major Asian-American role." Japanese-American actress Helen Funai played Doug's ex-wife Kim back in the '70s. Maureen Russell's Days reference book lists her as appearing in 1971-72 and 1976-77. I remember her quite distinctly from the latter stint.

• Members

A Gaysian patient romance for Dr. Stud? Just what Dr. Dan wanted, his hands in another [fortune] cookie jar! All kidding aside, I hope the new character is not as dull as Beige, Jordan, etc. and has an interesting story. I wouldn't mind a romance for him with Melanie, as she finally started to grow on me when she was leaving. Since she's been travelling, it wouldn't be a surprise if she started a romance. Since she's coming back, it would be nice to see her in a new story besides worshipping at Daniel's feet and Chad's reappearance.

• Members

Agreed. These new characters are dull as dishwater. Maybe it's just the show itself, always presenting itself in such a ho-hum sleepy manner. Like it's mostly great background noise for falling asleep. But at least with existing, long-term characters, we care about what's happening, for the most part. The new characters + new, sleepy production values = Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived