Days of our Lives September 2014 Discussion

• Members

I think this is selective memory. Sami and EJ weren't even in this story except as marginal players until baby Grace died - Sami was off playing house with Rafe, first in the FBI safehouse and then in Salem with her brood; EJ was playing mob wars with Victor and Phillip and threatening Sami about their children. In the meantime, Nicole was trying to keep the switch together keeping Baker, Mia and Rafe in line, whilst bonding with Sydney, and feeling guilty and self-hating because of her actions and her infertility. She played the story with such emotion and humanity, half the boards were of the opinion she would of been a better mother to Sydney than Sami - an insane opinion that only came about because of the writing for Nicole and AZ's portrayal. By the time EJ and Sami were focussed fully in the story and Nicole then moving to the 3rd party villain role, who the audience rooted for had been skewed because as at that point it was quite clear that Nicole would have been a more loving and attentive mother than Sami with her horniness for Rafe, bitter custody battles with EJ and general neglect of her children. I'm really not sure how you can say this story was not about Nicole. For one time, it actually was.

All the other stories in recent years, she was either supporting or an interloper - I agree with you on that. Even with Eric, she was the interloper between Eric and the church as it turned out in the end (and worse, she ruined the church for him!).

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this board is to blow off steam but picking apart every little thing these actors do is a little much...Love the show and every day there is something annoying to me but as a whole it is the best soap we have..so few left..let's just enjoy it.

• Members

I'm willing to concede that I am remembering the storyline differently. Perhaps because the story didn't pick up until much later, when Nicole's role was admittedly diminished for EJ and Sami. But ultimately, I still think the story became more about EJ and Sami then it ever was about Nicole, which I think is what I am talking about when I say she wasn't a lead in the story. Ultimately the story became a vehicle for Ej vs. Sami part 7, much more than it ever was about Nicole's self-discovery and lost motherhood. I think that's a fair assessment. I am not arguing that Nicole's role wasn't particularly salient or that she didn't have massive fan and sentimental support for what she did -- she was a very sympathetic player in that story, but she usually has been since Zucker's return to Days. I think Sami came across horribly during Grace/Sydney-gate and I was firmly on Nicole's side as well when it came to Sami vs. Nicole during that time period, so I agree with that opinion. In terms of story perspective though it was Sami who initially started this storyline when she hid Baby Grace, and put her up for adoption. From then on Nicole was more or less reacting from the catalyst of Sami's choice, when she switched the children and orchestrated and maintained the swap. That's what I meant when I said Nicole was often reacting against what EJ and Sami were doing in that story.

• Members

I wasn't watching but why would anyone side with Nicole over Sami then? From the outside, Nicole was the villain and Sami was the victim of her baby snatching ass. Letting someone think their baby died is beyond cruel and losing a child is no excuse for inflicting that pain on someone else

• Members

You'd have to see it to believe it, but Sami was disgusting for pretty much the entirety of that storyline to the point where she had no moral ground or standing when it came to her trying to talk down to Nicole at the end of it.

Cliff notes version: Sami lied to EJ about being pregnant with his child while she was in the witness protection program, I think she tried to give up said child to the church and then wanted it back some time later, when she got the baby back Grace, the child she thought was hers died while in her care. Then she told EJ that his baby was dead at the end of it all when she was never going to tell him he fathered a second child in the first place. Something which I thought was incredibly vile considering. It was just all around disgusting the way Sami was written and portrayed, and her deplorable behavior knew no real bounds during that particular story. It got so bad that she surpassed a point where Nicole was easily seen as the better primary care giver for Sydney at the end of it. Due to the fact that Sami passed multiple moral event horizons. Nicole was the only one who really seemed to care about providing a loving family, nurturing environment and having Syndey know her father rather then trying to give the child away and lie about her paternity. It got to the point where I was glad EJ was able to make Sami suffer by telling Sami, Sydney died, it was delicious revenge to see her inconsolably blubbering around the Brady pub just so she would know how it felt to not be apart of a child's life and be helpless to save them, in the same way EJ felt earlier that year with Grace. Only then was Sami finally able to understand what EJ went threw when she tried to deny him his daughter.

Yeah, Sami had no sympathy from me with that storyline. Nicole wound up looking way better than Sami did. Sami was just down right abhorrent.

• Members

I'd add that that the show went to great lengths to hint at Sami's neglect of her children. She pawned them off on Caroline, Will and even Stephanie to babysit continuously.

I loved how she kept trying to weave it back into the conversation over and over.

The rest of Monday was boring for me but it was nice to see Stefano again.

• Members

Today was a snoozer for me. If one likes syrupy sweet romance, this episode is for you - Hope/Aiden, JJ/Beige, EJ/Sami, Ben/Abby, diabetic...

EJ is basically a drug underlord so you can shove all your "we see the world in grey" up your behind Samantha Gene, some things don't change.

Hope/Aiden, Cinderella - not my cup of tea.

I have a real problem with the actress playing Beige. The script says she is an intelligent, confident girl who has overcome a lot but O'Brien's delivery conveys doubt, insecurity and weakness. I suspect it is because she is battling to remember all her lines. Time to recast.

Eve and the hooker was lame.

Somebody needs to post a picture of Jen with her new hairdo - she just aged another 10 years - in that dress, she was lower middle class masquerading as country club Stepford wife.

So good to see Ciara today - I love that kid.

He wasn't in Salem but he had phonecalls with Kate and EJ and we got to see him.

• Members

b81bo5.gif

LOL...

tP6SWh9.jpg?1

Sami's confession to EJ was so heartfelt. She finally took responsibility for her role in why EJ slept with the tramp. Im sure everyone is happy that they are back together again...lol

Dead at Ciara saying Cinderella was boring and she'd rather be an evil stepsister

Archived