The Young and The Restless - Friends and Family

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sorry but the promos have gotten worse in the last few months. At least before (even in the last decade) they tried to make an attempt at drama -- to no avail. Now they're just spinning the show in a new direction. I bet they think this is 'fresh', 'riveting', 'young'. Truth is, it's just embarrassing to watch.

• Members

That's exactly it. The promos are about nothing and no one and the show is unrecognizable. I'm sure they think they're perfectly aimed at the ABC audience, but they're not - they just make no sense. It's sad.

• Members

I rarely watch B&B these days (haven't in several years) but from what I've seen in B&B's promos, they are outshining Y&R by a Country Mile!

B&B has also had quite a few cast additions and one or two re-casts of major characters over the last several years but they have done a better job of establishing and maintaining character identity and keeping it within the context of the various storylines. From what I've seen, B&B hasn't always accomplished this consistently but they've done a far better job than Y&R as of late. B&B knows who they are, Y&R doesn't right now.

I mentioned this before in another post but it seems like Y&R has an identity crisis. All the constant casting shifts, the changes in sets, music etc. all had the best of intentions and in the beginning, some of the downsizing of the cast (during JG's regime) were sensible but has just become too much, too soon and the changes too drastic.

Y&R needs to figure out where the soul of its show lies...do they even know?

Archived